Cruisers Forum

View Poll Results: bumfuzzle pretty cool or not my cup of tea
its a great read and i enjoy it 49 49.00%
theyre having fun who really cares 37 37.00%
i just dont appreciate them 14 14.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-01-2007, 19:42   #91
Now on the Dark Side: Stink Potter.

Boat: Sea Hunt 234 Ultra
Quote:
What is with some of you here? Pat & Ali had the balls to do what must of us can only dream of doing.
Balls, or no brains?
Same thing?

Old 04-01-2007, 19:45   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY Man
Balls, or no brains?
Same thing?

Balls,because if they had no brains they would have run out of money.
RR
Old 04-01-2007, 20:36   #93

Quote:
Balls,because if they had no brains they would have run out of money.
RR
Or painted their emergency equipment grey, then bragging about it on the internet...
Old 04-01-2007, 21:00   #94

Boat: now floating easy37
i can see their point about the grey pole from anywhere over 100 m in the ocean neither would be very visible
Old 04-01-2007, 21:59   #95

Quote:
i can see their point about the grey pole from anywhere over 100 m in the ocean neither would be very visible
Good point, lets turn the emergency radios and beacons off as well, they can't be seen or heard over 100 miles anyway.
Old 04-01-2007, 22:41   #96
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
Quote:
Alienzdive said--Wheels in my opinion you are usually incorrect in reference to the bum debate which is why you get continually flamed and upset and are part of the cause and effect.
Ummm riiiight. So lemme see. I was involved with this fuzzle business right from the begining. I had personal correspondence with the fuzzles right from the begining. I was one of the recipiants of much of the cowardess backstabing crap that Pat wanted to spread around about several of us right back at the begining. Lemme see, you came in where exactly???
If you want to get into flame wars or mud slinging or stupid little school boy mines bigger than yours crap, go to one of the many other sites that have become barren waste lands because of the unmoderated (uncensored) crap that goes on there. This place is different (ok so we get it wrong on occasion) but mostly I think we have a good balance because we have a huge number of members to judge our direction by.

Anyway's folks. This isn't about the Fuzzles anymore. They have long gone on with their lives. But stupid remarks keep being made. Lets look at some of the issues. This is where the real answers are to be had. So answer these questions and lets leave those other two out of it.

First Question to you Northerncat. When are you most likely to go over the side? I suggest when the weather is bad a sea is ruff. So if you went over the side and you had a choice to take with you a grey pole or a rescue orange pole, which would you take??

Next question-aimed at anyone. Who doesn't know how to use a compass. If you are ocean cruising and miles from site of land, you have a major electrical failure and you loose GPS and what ever. How are you going to get home. Do you know how?? It ain't just about the compass, it's the fact that if you don't even know what the thing is for, then you obviousely don't know how to navigate full stop.

OK, so what about cruising itself. Yep everyone has a different reason. But ultimately why do ones want to travel the world?? Is it just to say they traveled the distance? is it to say they meet other cultures, is it to say they experianced other ways of life, is it to say they saw different landscapes? I think the answer is maybe some or all of the above. I scratch my head as to why you would want to endure days and days of sailing when you don't do any of the above. To me world cruising type sailing is a means of travel. Very different to just a weekend sail around and having a great relaxing time.

Oh and as for such comments about that some sit on the docks and dream and never do it and yadda yadda yadda, what a load of self predjudice down your nose self inflated crap that is. People are where they are at because of many situations and points in their lives. Sailing is about enjoying what you are doing right now. And I am reaaally enjoying what I am doing and where I go right now thankyou.

So Del and Sean and Kai and those that have a clue and saftey gear the right colours, I'll sail with you dudes anyday. As for you guy's that sail with another attitude to your personal safety, leave me on the dock. I won't be upset in the slightest.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Old 04-01-2007, 23:04   #97
Kai Nui

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknronny
Ok here I go. As a Mod or Admin you cant just go around deleting posts or threads unless any fourm rules have been broken right? If you do this it is censorship and your site loses its credibility. As for the poll there are only 8 negative responses to over 50 positive.
That said I have been following Pat & Ali from the very start and I must say I have enjoyed there whole adventure. What is with some of you here? Pat & Ali had the balls to do what must of us can only dream of doing. Hell I get a little pi$$ed when Pat doesn't update the site for a mouth because there off exploring what ever country they are in. Now I have not gone out and payed for a pizza for them but I did invite them for one if they are ever in my area.
As for the great debate here lets keep it going as it makes for great reading as I wait for my updates on the BUM site. Cheers to Pat & Ali for making it back to the Caribbean without running out of fuel and food
Cheers
RR
:cubalibre :cubalibre :cubalibre
It seems interesting to me that we have posts like this pop up every so often, almost verbatum, just when the fuzzle thread seems to be about to disappear. They seem to be posted one time, the only post by that particular user name, AND, the IP is usually untraceable. Draw your own conclusion. The fact is, if you like em, go follow em. If you don't, OK, let's talk about something else. Their success, or bumbling, has been discussed ad nauseum. THey have finished their voyage, so there is really nothing new to discuss. It seems the only thing that does get discussed on this thread is whether we should discuss this thread.
Alienzdive, you are welcome to your opinion, but please, if you have a personal gripe with a member, moderator, or admin, PLEASE, PM that person. Call them whatever you feel you need to offline, and resolve your issues there.
If anyone has new subjects about the Fuzzles, go for it. Post them. No problem. We can discuss them, debate them, what ever you like, but arguing over the idea of discussing them just makes no sense.

Old 04-01-2007, 23:57   #98

There ya go,I voted,I dont appreciate them.But,I also like reading their site,and,after reading their OZZY stay and how they desribe us is crap."We will believe anything thats on TV and that WE love the American way of life" I traveled my country for 30yrs and if this is all they persieve us to be then they seem very narrow minded.Who knows how many insipped assumptions they have made of other cultures around their travels.That is the only thing I hate about them.I will never do what they are doing and dont feel the need to.There is more than enough "Real culture" within easy sailing reach of Australia for my needs.Good on them and their probably having a great time.But I do think that their not learning a lot about the differen't cultures they visit.That would be a waste considering their going around THE WORLD.Mudnut.
Old 05-01-2007, 00:18   #99

By the way Kai,I agree 100% what you said about what seems strange!!! Ive pointed out similar thoughts.Thats the web for ya I guess.I would say that whoever is handling their "Book in the future"may have something to do with it all.It's not just this forum.It's all over the board.It sticks out like dogs balls and there is allways someone that will bite.I have no doubt that a lot of peoples responses will be edited into their book for good or bad jurnalism.A win win situation for whoever is driving the bandwagon.Mudnut.
Old 05-01-2007, 00:46   #100
Kai Nui

Just so they give us the press we give them Then again...

Old 05-01-2007, 00:55   #101
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
I didn't vote because there is not a section that fits my view. I don't NOT appreciate them. But I don't love them either. As I have said so many many many times before, if they are having fun, then more power to them. As long as they don't hurt anyone else by some idiotic thing they do in the process.
Should they wish to share those idiotic things in a public domain, they need to be able to take the critisism.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:59   #102

i reckon id grab whatever pole i could on the way over and id actually be hoping that by grabbing it i might not fall off at all, as for sailing safe i intend to cruise with 3 kids under 7 so asfety is going to be number 1, as for coming sailing with me alan your welcome any time, the weather is always good in fnq, you just have to wait a couple of months for me to puit the boat in the water
sean
Old 05-01-2007, 03:01   #103

and finish it
sean
Old 05-01-2007, 03:15   #104
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by northerncat
i reckon id grab whatever pole i could on the way over and id actually be hoping that by grabbing it i might not fall off at all ...
Which is why I always opine:
”If it looks like a handhold; it's built like a handhold.”

Old 05-01-2007, 03:43   #105
bru

Don't feed the trolls

When you've got the pesky little buggers, there's only one way to get rid of 'em - ignore them!
Closed Thread