Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-01-2013, 23:21   #1

Brookhouse Imux Review

I ordered an Imux-st from brookhouse through there website. 1 month after placing the order, i followed up with an email asking how the processing was oing, the reply was:
"I cannot find an explanation why you have not been contacted before. Our sincere apologies.
I have given your order a high priority and we will be able to ship a unit to you early next week.
You will receive a Paypal invoice when your order is ready for shipping."

err.. ok fare enough...
I then followed the dhl tracking of the shipment and it got stuck in hong kong, I & my yacht are in the Philippines, and when i placed the order it, i indicated so.
Brookhouse then responded saying they only ship to the address registered on my paypal address unless otherwise specified.
No where in there website does it say this, and i did actually specify that i was in philippines when i placed the order!

Brookhouse then accused me of hacking my own paypal account, or something to that effect and saying the matter will be sent to the paypal anti fraud department.

what BS

I called DHL who are indeed holding the package in hong kong, the only solution is for me to now travel to hk and go to there center with valid ID.

even more BS.

A TOTAL waist of USD$450

I implore everyone to find alternative products to the brookhouse Imux-st. Dealing with them and there 'after sales care' is like repeatedly sailing into a coral reef!
kmagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 01:45   #2

Re: Brookhouse Imux review

I'm amazed you actually managed to order anything from them. After a year or so of their web site saying nothing more useful than "check back later for ordering information", it now just has an email address on the ordering page. I've sent about 4 or 5 emails to that address and never gotten a response.

I've since settled on the magicplex-8 from Nomatronics anyway.
delatbabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 04:14   #3

Boat: 1968 Ohlson 38 Sloop
Send a message via Yahoo to phantomracer

have had great luck with brookhouse ordering a mux. I know a year or so ago they were having issues making enough units.

Every support email I sent, I got a very detailed and accurate reply. They even offered to upgrade my mux to the latest version for free (to join nmea and nmea HS in the output stream)
phantomracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 08:24   #4

Boat: Custom Freya 20m
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmagill View Post
I ordered an Imux-st from brookhouse through there website. 1 month after placing the order, i followed up with an email asking how the processing was oing, the reply was:
"I cannot find an explanation why you have not been contacted before. Our sincere apologies.
I have given your order a high priority and we will be able to ship a unit to you early next week.
You will receive a Paypal invoice when your order is ready for shipping."

err.. ok fare enough...
I then followed the dhl tracking of the shipment and it got stuck in hong kong, I & my yacht are in the Philippines, and when i placed the order it, i indicated so.
Brookhouse then responded saying they only ship to the address registered on my paypal address unless otherwise specified.
No where in there website does it say this, and i did actually specify that i was in philippines when i placed the order!

Brookhouse then accused me of hacking my own paypal account, or something to that effect and saying the matter will be sent to the paypal anti fraud department.

what BS

I called DHL who are indeed holding the package in hong kong, the only solution is for me to now travel to hk and go to there center with valid ID.

even more BS.

A TOTAL waist of USD$450

I implore everyone to find alternative products to the brookhouse Imux-st. Dealing with them and there 'after sales care' is like repeatedly sailing into a coral reef!
Hi, I live in HK and can collect and forward your package if you can arrange for me as agent.
Cheers
Richard
stillbuilding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2013, 09:11   #5

Boat: Allures 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomracer View Post
have had great luck with brookhouse ordering a mux. I know a year or so ago they were having issues making enough units.

Every support email I sent, I got a very detailed and accurate reply. They even offered to upgrade my mux to the latest version for free (to join nmea and nmea HS in the output stream)

I've had the same experience. And the iMux-ST is pretty cool: it integrates my SH Matrix VHF/AIS receiver, plus it allows navigation, Raymarine instrument data, and autopilot control from my Ipad.
cfarrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:08   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfarrar View Post
I've had the same experience. And the iMux-ST is pretty cool: it integrates my SH Matrix VHF/AIS receiver, plus it allows navigation, Raymarine instrument data, and autopilot control from my Ipad.

Hello there,

Do you have an installation diagram how you set it up???
I would like to steer the boat through the Ipad and get the AIS on it.
I too have ST-60(wind,depth,speed), Raytheon pathfinder, SH Matrix 2150 VHF/AIS and S3G smart pilot.

Thanks
Morning Haze is offline   Reply With Quote