Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-08-2009, 09:11   #91

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Eric, the dirty scruffy worn out boats i saw would need a whole new galley and head, not just cosmetic facias, but ive got the tools and skills to do it. I was hoping to spend more time learning to sail but I guess i have to take the view that if 6 months sweat equity could reduce the price of the hull to start with then perhaps its the way to go because I get more of what i want and working on something makes it more familar. Early days yet, the weather is slowly breaking up and fall is on the way and so will be boats for sale at the end of the season.
Old 24-08-2009, 11:18   #92

Boat: Sceptre 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
Big 50 next year. gulp, Aghhhhhhhh
Hard to believe Anjou. Do you have a camera that takes off age? If you are
going to buy a boat in the US wouldn't it be good to buy a boat that alreadt has European certification or one built in Europe and brought over.

BTW if you patent and sell the age removing camera you can afford a bigger nicer boat. LOL

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009, 11:46   #93

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Oh you smooth talker you Charlie. If I had a camera like that, I would be buying Roman Abramovich's old yacht. A Sealine T60, flagship of the fleet was bought by Abramovich to be a tender. Can you imagain a 28 ton, 60 ft tender with twin 800hp cats? Crazy eh?
Old 24-08-2009, 14:36   #94

Start smaller, sail sooner

Think about 27-28 feet, something along the lines of a sloop like an Albin Vega. Less initial outlay, lower refit, maintenance and dockage. Also easier to rig for singlehand.
blgklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2009, 15:43   #95

Boat: Sceptre 41
That would be some tender alright. I think that I'd rahter have one of these as my tender though NN10 Nesting Row Power Sail Dinghy It is only lsightly out of my budget.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote