Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 21-10-2013, 08:11   #1

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38
boat charter

I'm looking to charter a boat with min. crew for either a day sail or weekend in the northern half of Florida, gulf coast of GA. or South Carolina. I and the wife would be passengers, willing to help, but not worth much as neither of us could sail a boat that size to save our lives, actually I'd love to help, but would only be good for grunt work.
I'm trying to get the wife interested in a 40ish size mono-hull for us to retire on and she has never been on this size boat before. I'd like for us to see one, ride in it, each lunch below deck etc. for the day at least.
What I do not want, and see all the time is to get on a boat and have it motor around the bay for the day on a "booze cruise", I'm after being on it under sail and get kind of a little tiny idea of what it's like, and if that means having to charter it for a weekend, then that's OK.
Next step would I guess be a week or longer charter in the BVI or something, but want to do this first, let her put her little toe in before throwing her in the deep end.
She is always hesitant to try anything new, for instance initially she was terrified of flying, but I got her in an airplane or two on nice smooth, not hot days and she got to where she wasn't so scared of it., a couple of years later we flew the family of four on my little bush plane all over the NWT, up as far as the Artic Ocean and if it's more than an hours drive, we generally fly to wherever.
The closer to N Fl or the Gulf the better, close flying distance
a64pilot is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: