Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 23-01-2010, 15:02   #1

Boat: Harstad 31' (32' LOD) Serendipity
Send a message via ICQ to tomperanteau Send a message via AIM to tomperanteau Send a message via MSN to tomperanteau Send a message via Yahoo to tomperanteau Send a message via Skype™ to tomperanteau
Best Sailing Simulator?

Here is a question that I have not seen posed. I have looked at VirtualSkipper, Virtual Sailor and Sail Simulator 5. Has anyone downloaded any of these? I would really appreciate any opinions! I have a lot of experience with Flight Simulator, and some with Ship and Train Simulators, but have not tried out any of the sailboat simulators.

Tom

Old 27-01-2010, 03:02   #2

I've downloaded and played virtual skipper (latest version, think it's 7). It's a free download and you can play all the courses for free, think you only have to buy it too compete online? not sure about that.

It's actually pretty decent. Graphics are servicable (it's not the latest greatest half-life/unreal engine game but they're ok still).

I pretty much used it as my learning how to sail program, you can heave-to in the game and it's good for learning wind angles etc. Obviously sail handling is a bit easier then in real life , but it's definately worth downloading and having a go.

Old 27-01-2010, 03:16   #3

Boat: Kerr 11.3
I've thought about selling these products on my website but always thought most people would not be interested. What do you think?
Old 27-01-2010, 16:02   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbenest View Post
I've thought about selling these products on my website but always thought most people would not be interested. What do you think?

Ok well i don't know what the licences or commissions or fees or anything are for selling games online but if it doesn't take too long or cost too much too setup then even just a few sales will make it worthwhile. Personally I wouldnt' buy virtual sailor because I'm happy with the free offline aspect of the game but I know there are a few forums about the game around so it has a bit of a following and you might get a few sales from there, can't speak for the others as I haven't tried them.
Old 28-01-2010, 09:46   #5

Boat: Devlin 48 Moon River,j/100 BJ
You put on a wet or dry suit and get on a single hand raceing sailboat and tangle with a raceing fleet- You won't need any softwear just be prepared to learn.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: