Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2016, 11:31   #1

Boat: Supra, SSV, 22ft
Be Safe Out There

I just saw a CNN report on a family that moved aboard a cat about 3 months ago. They did not have a choice about leaving their boat in a Ft Lauderdale, I believe, marina tied to a floating dock. They evacuated to the west side of the state and are not really hopeful for what they will find when it is over.

I feel for them, but they are thankful to have their family together and that they are safe.

Whether you are on a boat or solid land, everyone be safe up and down the entire east coast.
clbegis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:44   #2
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Be Safe Out There

I have started a thread about Hurricane Preparation Videos that contains links to a Youtube video playlist with 40 videos related to preparing for a hurricane or tropical storm and what conditions may be expected.

Here is a link to that thread which contains a few comments and suggested videos I found particularly instructive on the issue of preparation:

Hurricane & Tropical Storm Preparation Videos Tips - Cruisers & Sailing Forums
Steadman Uhlich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 17:01   #3

Boat: Santana2023
Re: Be Safe Out There

I live on the jersey shore and when Sandy hit, it was unbelievable. As a commercial diver I was doing salvage work where boats were stacked 6 deep stop one another underwater. Lost my home which was completed last year and my friends family, all 7, lost their homes and boats. We're still rebuilding since the storm hit 4 years ago and that was just a 1 with merging fronts and a harvest moon on top of it.
DivingOtter is offline   Reply With Quote