Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2017, 17:17   #1

BAY AREA WIND ALERT

Currently have sustained 45mph winds, gusts to 60 here on the Delta....white caps slamming into my dock.

Fortunately high winds were forecast....not a bad idea to check on the boat.
Old 18-01-2017, 17:27   #2

Boat: Freedom 38
Re: BAY AREA WIND ALERT

Last check it was 30 knots and probably higher in Oakland. Dock lines are really creaking, but glad that I'm on the boat to keep an eye on things. Stay safe!
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 17:37   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamayun View Post
Last check it was 30 knots and probably higher in Oakland. Dock lines are really creaking, but glad that I'm on the boat to keep an eye on things. Stay safe!
Good news for you......glad you're not getting blasted like we are. This may be the worst winds I've seen in 27 years on the Delta....never had my heavy gas grill get blown across my deck. TV news isn't reporting the winds here. They did mention that Fairfield has measured winds of 52mph.
Old 21-01-2017, 08:46   #4

Looks like tonight's storm is going to be the worst of the last 3 we've recently had.

Forecast for sustained winds of 35-55mph gusting over 60mph and surf along our coast up to THIRTY feet.....highest near Monterey.
Old 21-01-2017, 10:49   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34

I really can't wait for rainy (and $%^& windy) season to be over. On the plus side a week from now looks pretty good.
sailorchic34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 16:52   #6

Boat: Freedom 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorchic34 View Post
I really can't wait for rainy (and $%^& windy) season to be over. On the plus side a week from now looks pretty good.
Are you still in Richardson Bay? I was there a week ago and it looks like there was a couple of boats with just masts sticking up. Rough spot with these systems rolling through. I was able to get in a nice sail today with good wind and only a sprinkle once. Now it's time to batten the hatches. Rain just starting.....
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2017, 17:12   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamayun View Post
Are you still in Richardson Bay? I was there a week ago and it looks like there was a couple of boats with just masts sticking up. Rough spot with these systems rolling through. I was able to get in a nice sail today with good wind and only a sprinkle once. Now it's time to batten the hatches. Rain just starting.....
Actually, I rarely go to Richardson bay. Just a few days a couple times a year. Way too busy/noisy for me.
sailorchic34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2017, 08:50   #8

Well, THAT was a fun night.

This afternoon's round 2 shouldn't be as bad.

Hope you ladies are doing well.
Old 22-01-2017, 09:13   #9

Boat: 1977 Clipper Marine 32'

My boat is moored at a marina near Rio Linda. Winds here in Sacramento very strong right now. I wish I could get down to my boat today, but no way. Be safe Dollie.
ravinracin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wind