Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-06-2018, 13:29   #1

Boat: Hunter 450 Passage, 45'
Autohelm ST6000+ - How to Disable Watch Alarm?

My Autohelm ST6000+ works great, but every 4 minutes I have to press a button to silence the watch alarm. I have an independent watch alarm that I use and prefer. I've read the manual which implies that this may be possible, but it is totally unclear about if/how this can actually be accomplished. Not a great example of stellar technical writing. If anyone knows the trick it would be greatly appreciated.

Allan & Khris
mypax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 15:42   #2

Boat: Catalina 320
Re: Autohelm ST6000+ - How to Disable Watch Alarm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypax View Post
My Autohelm ST6000+ works great, but every 4 minutes I have to press a button to silence the watch alarm. I have an independent watch alarm that I use and prefer. I've read the manual which implies that this may be possible, but it is totally unclear about if/how this can actually be accomplished. Not a great example of stellar technical writing. If anyone knows the trick it would be greatly appreciated.

Allan & Khris
I had the same kind of problem with the 4000 plus model. After two days of looking through the manual to fix it properly, it came to me to just unplug the wire from the little blue buzzer.
Drift Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 17:24   #3

Boat: Hunter 450 Passage, 45'

Thanks for that, Drift Woods. I think I'm gonna give up and take your suggestion. I thought maybe I was losing my mind, not being able to carefully read the manual and solve it, but maybe I'm not the only one and it's either impossible to stifle the alarm or the manual is really a disaster.

Thanks for the tip,
Allan & Khris
mypax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2019, 15:09   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypax View Post
Thanks for that, Drift Woods. I think I'm gonna give up and take your suggestion. I thought maybe I was losing my mind, not being able to carefully read the manual and solve it, but maybe I'm not the only one and it's either impossible to stifle the alarm or the manual is really a disaster.

Thanks for the tip,
Allan & Khris
this was a hang over from earlier raytheon systems designed for commercial fishing boats,and as such cannot be disabled once it had been enabled apart from being returned to the raymarine dealer and reset by them
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alarm, autohelm, helm