Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 18:38   #16

Boat: Farr 44 Ocean Racer - Pit crew & backup helm.
Re: Anyone Using a Parasailor-Spi

Here is an update for anyone interested in the Parasailor.

We bought one for the FP Eleuthera 60. We went for one that is 188 Sq metres, we could have gone larger but thought that this was quite large enough when sailing shorthanded or with inexperienced crew and this decision has proven to be correct.

We are currently doing a passage from St Martin to Vanuatu are are at this moment in San Cristobal Island in the Galapagos Islands.

Our experience with the Parasailor to date is fantastic - it really ticks all of the boxes. On the very first day that we launched it we flew it for 41 hours continuously in winds up to 25+ knots when we decided to drop it with the easy snuffer sock as the winds continued to build over 30 knots.

As a monohull ocean racer I must say that this is the best behaved kite that I have even been associated with. It really is set and forget and flies with perfect manners on autopilot without the mainsail up even in stronger winds. On our cat it can be used in apparent wind angles from 75 to 180 degrees which really makes it very versatile and even though they are quite expensive they do the job of a combination of other sails. If price is an issue for you & you can pick one up second hand in good condition at a good price go for it.

I have several video clips that I will be putting up on my Youtube channel when I get better bandwith capabilities.
Ozbullwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asa