Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-10-2015, 04:29   #1

Anybody use Seajet Antifoul?

Just wondering in light of the problems with Seahawk.

Have you used it?

Did it work well?

Where were you when you used it?

Bob
svadagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2015, 05:05   #2
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400
Re: Anybody use Seajet Antifoul?

We have used sea jet platinum as it is the standard applied by lagoon to new boats. It worked well in the med for up to 9 months but then we hauled and applied interlux Uni pro which also worked well for 9 months. Our current boat had seajet platinum applied last May in France when it was new. It was fine till we arrived at st martin in March and spent a couple of weeks in the lagoon where it was invaded by slime and crustations. A few hours spent cleaning in the bvi,s bought it up like new again, but between cleans has gradually reduced to 1-2 weeks now. It's been getting fouled easily in Grenada although surprisingly less so in the port Louis marina than at anchor. I was also considering Seahawks but I'm put off by others bad experiences. Other options are micron 66 or continue with seajet. I would prefer the grey but it seems it's not an option with seajet here so we will probably change to black. I think for the peace of mind of knowing the paint is compatible, and the price is similar to micron 66, we will likely stick with the seajet. Also considering copper coat but I'm not sure if the effort with preparation and cost is worthwhile for us at the moment.
It's a pity to have to haul out just for a bottom paint, but fortunately the new marina has some good deals running so it's not too expensive (about $400 USD for a week for a 40' cat, storage and hauling inclusive)

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
monte is offline   Reply With Quote