Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2014, 19:48   #1

Boat: looking for one
Any opinion on CROBOS charter in Croatia?

We're considering chartering a monohull from CROBOS in May 2015. Does anyone know about them? Are they reputable?
Thanks
simon A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 10:47   #2

Re: Any opinion on CROBOS charter in Croatia?

any update on Crobos Charters in Croatia? Has anyone chartered with them?
paulzuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 16:02   #3

Boat: looking for one

We chartered with them for 2 weeks in May 2015. We showed in Trogir where we wanted the boat, but never saw Crobos in that marina. Instead we dealt with Adriatic Charter. I guess Crobos is an agent that sub-contracts to Adriatic.
We were quite satisfied with the boat, location, equipment on board etc. except that Adriatic charged us an extra 2676 HRK (~500 Cdn $) without warning. They (Adriatic) explained that this was a national (Croatian) tax that they did not have the choice but charging us. When we returned home, I asked Crobos some explanation about this undisclosed additional cost. They've been telling me ~3 times since June that they too are surprised by this, will investigate and get back to me. I'm still waiting.
We also found the Adriatic staff a bit rude at times. Mind you, it was our first time chartering outside North America, so it could be a cant-escape-it local phenomenon.
Croatia was great. Lots of islands, lots of sailboats, quite a few touristy towns.
simon A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2015, 08:03   #4

Thanks Simon. Very helpful information. We were attracted to Crobos as they offered a very new (2015) Beneteau for the week we are looking at, and at a particularly reasonable rate relative to some of the other companies. I'm assuming the boat you had reserved was the boat you ended up with? We will contact Adriatic as well for some further info, although Crobos mentioned to me a different company they work through in Trogir so perhaps they are agents for more than one outfit. Thanks again!
paulzuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2015, 06:46   #5

Crobos is a charter agency, try next time direct to a charter company which owns the yachts. A chartered many years with an czech agent fun yacht, but now I do it directly with the charter company; very good ones are: Ban Tours Yachting ( 37 Dufour yachts in Kastela and Rogoznica) and Ultra Sailing (Beneteau, have also base in Dubrovnik). Also, sometimes you get better price. I was sailing with both of them and have really good experince.. Hope it helped!
Michi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 02:34   #6
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon A View Post
We chartered with them for 2 weeks in May 2015. We showed in Trogir where we wanted the boat, but never saw Crobos in that marina. Instead we dealt with Adriatic Charter. I guess Crobos is an agent that sub-contracts to Adriatic.
We were quite satisfied with the boat, location, equipment on board etc. except that Adriatic charged us an extra 2676 HRK (~500 Cdn $) without warning. They (Adriatic) explained that this was a national (Croatian) tax that they did not have the choice but charging us. When we returned home, I asked Crobos some explanation about this undisclosed additional cost. They've been telling me ~3 times since June that they too are surprised by this, will investigate and get back to me. I'm still waiting.
We also found the Adriatic staff a bit rude at times. Mind you, it was our first time chartering outside North America, so it could be a cant-escape-it local phenomenon.
Croatia was great. Lots of islands, lots of sailboats, quite a few touristy towns.
Hello Mr. Arcand

I see that you are active on the forum, ok, but you should to be honest and do not write lies about our company arround.
Before your approval, we send you a contract where is visible that transit log is 130 EUR and that the outboard motor 50 EUR for a week and we even provided you an outboard engine for free of charge for you for the second week, that was additional discount for you.
Therefore, you do not need to say to us "thanks“, but be honest about the statements related to our business.
Croatian Tourist tax is paid by every guest and it is nothing new!
It is dangerous when you say that you are paid tourist tax in amount of 2.676 KUNA for 14 days, that is not true, tax is 7 KUNA per person per day and all this you have on the onvoice you get in marina.

Since you changed the crew after the second week and the boat was cleaned, you were billed transit log of cleaning and it's legitimately and correctly.
So everything was done correctly and properly from CROBOS YACHTING side, the only problem is that you may not understand it, but please do not spread lies about our company around.
See once more invoice and contract and you'll see that everything is correct.
Only at the end you can say, "Sorry on lies" and "thank you"

AND TO THIS SENTENCE THAT YOU WROTE MR. SIMON ARCAND, I DO NOT HAVE ANY COMMENT, THIS TALK ABOUT YOU:

Hope to receive an explanation from you and hope you understand now that the only problem is that you did not understand what you are paying or have not wanted to understand.!!
CY2015 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter, Croatia