Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2019, 01:57   #1

Boat: Oyster
Antifouling/Caribbean

Dear fellow sailors, could anyone please advise me of an affordable dock in the Caribbean to clean and paint a56ft sailboat, also if possible email address,at the moment we are in Grenada moving north shortly, your help would be much appreciated, thank you Terry.
terrysandling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 02:27   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31
Re: Antifouling/Caribbean

Terry, lots of members have answered the two other threads you started with an identical question. Have you seen these answers?

Pete
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 02:43   #3
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Antifouling/Caribbean

Terry.. The cheapest place is St Martin for your anti foul.
Labour costs are down to whether you DIY, use white yard workers or hire a couple of local lads and supervise them on the job.. its not skilled work.

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 02:44   #4

Dear Pete, this is the first time that I have sent out my question,I have become totally confused what to do, only to day I received a message to say I was allowed to post a question, I have not seen any replies , it’s really been very confusing getting around and understanding this sight, saying that I have understood more today after asking for help, it would be lovely to see what replies I did get, I apologise for my ignorance ,kind regards Terry
Old 14-02-2019, 02:48   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Labour costs are down to whether you DIY, use white yard workers or hire a couple of local lads and supervise them on the job.. its not skilled work.
Dear boatman thank you for your prompt reply,would you have a email address also I wanted a skilled yard to do the job, thank you and kindest regards Terry
Old 14-02-2019, 02:49   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Dear boatman thank you for your prompt reply,would you have a email address also I wanted a skilled yard to do the job, thank you and kindest regards Terry
Old 14-02-2019, 03:21   #7
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Antifouling/Caribbean

Hi Terry.. do not have an email address but here is a copy and paste of an old post that names all the boatyards.. a quick google on each should give the contact details..
This was for hurricane storage by the way.
For up to date info contact Mike and Sally at Shrimpys.. been there for years and can advise you on how things stand since the island got devasted 18mths back..
http://www.shrimpys-saintmartin.com/

Best wishes..

On the dutch side Bobbys can haul your boat, expensive if you want to liveaboard in hurricane season, booking in advance is a priority in Bobbys , some people start booking now!!! Bobbys have mandatory mast downs , the new Bobbys marina close to Island Waterworld dont drop masts down so you need to goo to FKG rigging shop and drop the mast there , after that move to the boatyard without mast.

St Marteen shipyard close to the airport is another place, distant from town and stores, is clean , a big crane and a big lift for hauling , some works are taken by the staff. expensive if you be aboard.

French side:

Polypat . sandy ground bridge , Haul by Crane, is fair in prices and you can liveaboard without more fees, some works are taken by the staff , mast down mandatory, straps to screws in ground , easy dingy dock and close to town.

Time Out boatyard, dirty, but good people around, Lift by crane, check the crane slings , very old crane,no insurance, close to the water as Polypat , in hig tides prone to flooding the whole boatyard , mast down mandatory, straps to ground, some shops inside of the boatyard, nice people.

JMC boatyard , a real nice prison, no water, no toilets, boats stored in pit holes, no chance to work in the bottom , you can keep your mast up , plenty of tiefs reports, no security, a nightmare if you liveaboard.

Geminga boatyard, boats haul by crane lift, mast can be up, dirty, nice people , straps to ground , staff stay during hurricanes checking stands and straps, not expensive as JMC, 400 $ for a 42 ft monohull , close to town and have a bar .

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 08:10   #8

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Moody 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrysandling View Post
Dear Pete, this is the first time that I have sent out my question,I have become totally confused what to do, only to day I received a message to say I was allowed to post a question, I have not seen any replies , it’s really been very confusing getting around and understanding this sight, saying that I have understood more today after asking for help, it would be lovely to see what replies I did get, I apologise for my ignorance ,kind regards Terry
Terry, these are your previous posts with answers from forum members:

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2824876

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post2824099

If you click on your name (top right on a forum page) you will see your profile. Under statistics you can see all the previous posts you have made if you can't locate them in a forum.

Clicking "User CP" on the title bar on that page (near top left hand side) you can see more profile details.

Hope this helps.

Pete
Pete7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2019, 08:58   #9

Thanks Pete, Terry

Tags
Caribbean, rib