Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-07-2017, 19:58   #16
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lyle C. Hess owner built 29'6" cutter
Re: Annapolis Boat Show....lesson learned, now question

I have attended and taken part in the Annapolis Saibloat show seven times over the past several years. Plan to be there again this year as speaker and with a booth. Always have been able to book rooms for my friends quite close to the date of the show and at fair prices as others have described. As for parking - if you get up a bit early you can get free street parking just across Spa Creek, a ten minute walk to the show. We have always found spaces easily at 7:30 each day, had breakfast in one of the little cafes nearby and were ready to go when the show opened. The local school also earns some money for their sports teams by charging $20 a day for parking or you can park at the free stadium parking lot about three miles from the show and take a free bus. All and all for a boatshow that is held right in the heart of a small town, I think parking options are really good.
Lin Pardey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 12:08   #17

You are over thinking this. I live in Annapolis. There are places to park. Sometimes you have to walk but this is a beautiful town. Ease and convenience puts you at BWI 35 min away. I would stay in the Solomons 1 hr away but a beautiful place on the water. There is a Holiday Inn. Many cute B & B's. Good luck
Awilson275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2017, 12:46   #18

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!

It's kinda' obvious, but a lot of "adults" forget this. And that's that getting around town via a bicycle is about the best method there is. You can get across town with little enough effort, on your own sked. Regardless of traffic. And "park" (your bike) somewhere right downtown/near the show.
Also, not that I'm suggesting this, persay. But I'm less hesitant to get on my bike after a couple of cocktails, than I am to drive a car. Use your own judgement.

The other half of this, & another common sense part of attending the show, is for everyone to have a day pack with; a jacket, hat, sunscreen, water, & snacks. Plus a camera if you like, & a tablet, pad & pen, business cards, etc. And of course your phone, for audio & visual notes on everything of interest that you see.

Plus, wear comfortable, boat friendly shoes. Which give your feet good support for long days, with lots of walking. But that are easy to slip on & off, for boarding Gucci type boats.

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 06:49   #19

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!

EDIT: For those who aren't aware of this, it's relatively simple to fly with bicycles. Provided you know how to do basic maintenance on them. So that you can partially disassemble, & reassemble them at your destination.

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 16:06   #20
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Too many and they’re all for sale

Feel free to contact me closer to the time of the show for discounted tickets if you decide to come.

Feel free to ask me about actual full service brokerage for only 7% with Knot 10 Yacht Sales - find me on our crew page, Spencer Kent
FutureStories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2017, 16:23   #21

Boat: Leopard 39

Be willing to drive a bit from your hotel to the show, and the choice of hotels is great. What's a half hour drive? What it costs you in gas will be more than compensated by cheaper hotel/motel costs; and unless you stay right downtown near the pier, you're going to have to drive to the parking areas and take a shuttle to the waterfront anyway.
danielamartindm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis, annapolis boat show, boat, boat show