Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2016, 15:05   #76

Boat: 1992 lagoon 42 tpi
Re: Annapolis Boat Show: CF Roundup

Well, tired of the rain so heading over early to grab a drink.see you all at harvest
chris mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 15:27   #77

Boat: Formerly Pearson 28-1, now just a sailing dinghy

Free drinks at sunsail tent if anyone wants to get a head start

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
brownoarsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 19:13   #78

Boat: Hallberg Rassy 37

Thank you for the great evening at Harvest!

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
cruiser_wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:12   #79

Boat: Leopard 40

Tom and I had a wonderful time! Thanks for getting this together.

Maje
Tom and Maje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 14:33   #80

Boat: 1992 lagoon 42 tpi

We had fun too, it was great meeting you guys.
Also, I kinda miss the rain:-/ this is what I just got home to
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1476048776859.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	132630  
chris mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 13:53   #81

Thank you guys for organizing the party: it was a lot of fun and nice to meet all of you. Hope everybody made it safely home.
Best regards, Alex
alex_sauvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 10:41   #82

Anyone know the story behind the feds seizing the Wauquiez that was on display? Happened on Friday. Walked by and there were guys with guns and some official looking no entry signs.
WSMFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:17   #83

Yes thank you all who joined. Also if course a huge thank you to Yulia for motivating the final plans! I greatly enjoyed the company of you all and look forward to possible future events.

Regards,

Adam
Jadam79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 11:57   #84

Boat: Formerly Pearson 28-1, now just a sailing dinghy

Great fun for me too, thanks for organizing!
I, too, was curious about the wauquiez. It had us marshal signs on it Saturday, with some fellow lounging below decks. No one seemed to know the story-maybe they forgot to check?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
brownoarsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 21:22   #85

Enjoyed many Lobster Rolls at Mason's halfway up Main St, decent breakfast at the Iron Rooster off Main St, Great Crab Balls and other assorted munchies at Davis Pub over the Creek a couple blocks away (it's a tiny 'locals place', but you get seated and served pretty quickly for the size of the crowds they get IMO/E), bought some great bagels and breakfast eats at Naval Bagels across from the Stadium. At a dinner at the Ribs N Blues place over the HWY 50 Bridge heading North, where the hotel I stayed at was across the HWY. Enjoyed some seriously decent catfish and blues music.

I did miss 'Lucky Larry' at Lagoon somehow, though everyone needs a bathroom break!

I always visit in the 'Spectre Watermaker' booth and forget to 'ask' for Tellie, but am sure I have had many conversations over the years at the show with him LOL!

I did connect with Rich Boren (S/V Third Day HF50) at his booth 'Cruise Water RO Makers'. Rich and I had some great conversation and he's a really funny guy.

I also stopped in and visited with Thomas (Columbia 30) who was working at the Mantus 'Mini Scuba Tank' booth. All I can say is if you've never heard a *genuine* Texas accent, then you SHOULD meet Thomas!

The Mantus Team in their 'Mantus Anchor' booth were great to visit with as well. I have visited with them since they first started attending the Annapolis Oct show. Their anchor display table exhibt explaining the why behind their anchor design is informative, and the video playing proves what they say. I spent some time connecting Greg (the owner) with an old friend, and previous employer of mine, that also has a booth at the show (Stainless Hardware). They hit it off and began engineering talk over my head about all things Mantus, so I chatted with the rest of their friendly booth staff. Unfortunately, Phillip (Greg's younger brother) had to stay behind in Texas to run the business and I did not get to see him, but Greg managed to do a bit of texting back and forth to him on his phone, so I did get a few words in LOL! I mentioned I had not used my 'April CF Mantus Discount' I had 'won' yet, and Greg made some notes, and I bought another Mantus Anchor to replace the one I had bought 2 years ago that got pinched off the boat. Success! Nothing like a New shine'y Mantus SS anchor to take back home!

Meeting the vendors, who we as boat owners do business with mostly by internet or phone, in person, can really help one decide whom to do business with IMO/E. I really enjoy that aspect of the A' boat show in Oct.

I briefly spoke with Tom and Maje at SSCA, but did not realize it was them until I saw their post in this thread.

Sage Marine's display of their trailerable, S15 & S17's, showed their excellent fit and finish, on par with ANY other builder at the show IMO. Dave Scobie Sales Manager, and owners Sal & Gail Glesser, nice people to speak with one and all.

I bought yet another Spyderco knife, as I have for the 4th year now. I can't make it to the Blade Show in Atlanta, nor the Spyderco 'Parking Lot Sale' out in Colorado, so I treat myself at the boat show! Again, a great staff of folks at this booth who are knowledgeable and helpful in putting the best knife for your needs in your hands.

I skipped out early Saturday morning to drive back North (I made an educated guess that Hurricane Matthew WAS heading for the NE and I needed to get home before it did) and made a few stops along the way, Brand New Cabela's and REI stores in Newark, Del at the Christiana Mall, DEFINITELY making a day trip to return there as they are still building out that mega mall area with lots of great stores to come! i did make it within half an hour of home before the rain/winds started and was glad I left the show early this year. Sounds like I made the right call as a few here mentioned rain on Saturday, and I spent enough time in Rain at the show to know I don't like it and some of the outside vendors don't open if the rain is heavy. Did it also rain out on Sunday and Monday?

Sorry I did not meet up or visit with anyone from this thread, but as boat shows go this one was a bit rushed on my end due to having to leave the show earlier than planned. I arrived at 1300hr on Thursday (very late for me). I usually stay for the whole show, and crammed 5 days into just 1 1/2 visiting with the folks I did, and traveling in the area in the mornings before and after the show those 2 days. If anyone happens along into Atlantic Highlands NJ Harbor Marina, I'd be glad to meet up and show you around or offer assistance, just PM me.

Photos in the next posts....Sorry Barnakiel that I did not take more photos due to lack of time on my part to see the show and speak with people I only get to visit with once a year.

PS> I saw this too and thought NO Sh#$%T gunna' be embarrassing for that dealer/owner!! First time I ever saw that at a boat show. I did see some other similar action in Florida marinas and boatyards back in the '80's but you'll have to buy me dinner to hear those stories! I think 'Sailing Anarchy' mentioned this on their website. From what I gather, the parent company of Waquiez severed all ties with this dealer and the boat had not been paid for and they wanted to make sure it did not sail out of Annapolis under new ownership. I bet the boat show principals who put on the show were also blindsided by this and did not see THAT coming to their show!
Clamdigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 21:29   #86

I did upload 2 photo albums worth of boatshow photos, but not sure how to get them into the thread here (not a techie, just a lame computer user).
Clamdigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annapolis, annapolis boat show, boat show