Yes, there are things you can do. One of my best cruising buddies only had one leg. He opted for a trimaran
for the stability and he put steps up the mast
that were double what you would normally see. He did a circumnavigation
and then built a 50 foot catamaran
and did a transatlantic in that boat. He is somewhere off sailing now in another trimaran
. There are many modern sailing aids that were not available a few decades ago, but can make sail handling much easier as long as they dont break down. There has been a few books
on sailors with disabilities, but if you read Triston Jones, believe about 10% of it and the other 90% is horse pucky. My opinion would be to pick up a small boat and start your learning
curve. Just big enough to be reasonably stable, but not that requires a lot of strength (or money) or manuverability. Get some lessons and learn how to rig your boat for your particular disability, and have fun. I hope it all works out for you. ____Grant.