Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 22-06-2014, 12:57   #31

Boat: Kadey Krogen 38 cutter
Re: 90' Long Range Motor Yacht sinking follow up.

Just gave another listen to the vid. The lobbyist mentions recreational boating once, in passing. He is specifically talking about the Bowden and The Bada bing whatever. He refers numerous times to the benifit 'these' boats have as 'they' travel. Apparently your listening to a different video. His focus was 90% about his clients, and 10 % at best about the other 99%. As for politics, thats your knee jerking, your the one bringing that into the conversation. I'm talking economics. Distribution of monies is not what the trickle down theory is about Research the information and you will find that the authors retracted the notion after further thought. Enjoy that popcorn.

Old 26-06-2014, 19:29   #32

Boating, like many things does create a lot of jobs and economic stimulation. Let me illustrate just in the build stage. I delivered a couple of Cat. engines to SeaRay in Florida. While I was there another truck was delivering 2 more Cat. engines as well. So you have the people who make the resins, fiberglass cloth, tools and all the parts that go to put the boat together. Then you have all the truck drivers who pick up everything at the manufacturers and take them to the ship builder. After that you have the drivers of the semis and pilot cars who take the boats to the customer. All of this happens before the boat even touches water for the first time.

By the way, that was one cool place.

Old 26-06-2014, 21:43   #33

Boat: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaspee View Post
Boating, like many things does create a lot of jobs and economic stimulation. Let me illustrate just in the build stage. I delivered a couple of Cat. engines to SeaRay in Florida. While I was there another truck was delivering 2 more Cat. engines as well. So you have the people who make the resins, fiberglass cloth, tools and all the parts that go to put the boat together. Then you have all the truck drivers who pick up everything at the manufacturers and take them to the ship builder. After that you have the drivers of the semis and pilot cars who take the boats to the customer. All of this happens before the boat even touches water for the first time.

By the way, that was one cool place.
But Sea Ray actually builds a lot of boats. Northern never did. 3 or 4 engines a year isn't going to make a huge economic impact. Yes, boat manufacturing can contribute and create jobs. But minimum at the level of Northern's operations.

Tags
motor, yacht

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: