Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > General Sailing Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2015, 09:11   #1

Boat: Idylles 15.5
Send a message via Yahoo to Idylles15.5
1978 52 Irwin. Need rudder parts????

Hola everybody. I just started a job on a 52 Irwin a customer brought down the canal system from Michigan to Manhasset Bay NY. Another sleezy surveyor deal. The purchasers were not able to be at the out of the water survey in Michigan. Relied o professionalism and honesty and got hosed. They just had the boat hauled thinking bottom paint was all they needed. Lets just say I already had the whole hull media blasted and drilled holes in the keel to let the water out. This was the real give away though about what a scumbag the surveyor was. Three bolts at the bottom edge of the rudder holding the two halves together. How did he miss that???? Anyway I already cut the side of the rudder off and pulled all the foam out. The exterior rudder shaft collar/bushing is also shot and is the piece I'm looking for. I was already on a Irwin website, but it looked outdated and not much activity. Does anyone know of a Irwin resource for parts? I could fabricate a new piece out of grp if need be, but an original would be nice. Thanks, Nelson Schlaefer , Architectural Detail Marine.
Idylles15.5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Irwin, parts, rudder