Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Atlantic & the Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2008, 09:05   #1

Westbound Transatlantic, seeking passage

Hi All,

I've been dreaming of crossing the Atlantic for some years now. I was ready three years ago, but by chance I went in the other direction - overland to Asia. I settled for a year as a journalist and then returned to Europe. I took a worthwhile job in London. It held me. But all the while I retained the urge to cross the ocean. Now the timing is right.

I dont have a great deal of sailing experience although I know all my knots and am an enthusiastic learner. I am 26, athletic and personable. I currently work in the charity sector. I speak English, French and passable Spanish. I can cook, clean and tell stories.

I would be delighted to hear of anyone who might be leaving from anywhere in Europe after 7th December 2008. (I know it's late in the season but I just can't miss my sister's wedding.)

Warmest regards, Phil
PhilG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:17   #2

Boat: Ovni 445
Hi Phil,

Though I'm hoping you'll find passage with someone after Dec. 7th, I want you to know that you are very welcome to sail with me 2 weeks before then. I understand that missing your sisters wedding could create family complications, but hey, a warm greeting through a satellite phone from the Atlantic will outshine any other speech. Trust me, I did something similar for my dad's 50th birthday.

To everyone else on the forum I can attest that Phil is a great guy. We were good friends when we both lived in Beijing.

Good luck mate and hopefully you'll get a ride with someone .. if not ... sail with me and ride out the family reactions afterwards ... they will forgive you ... given time