Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-11-2010, 07:28   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 111
Images: 24
Too Drunk to Find My Dinghy

I posted this for the enjoyment of those who sail the BVI and for those wanting to at another forum....

I wanted to share it here as well.

Adam Turinas wrote this story about his experience at the Willy T and we crack up every time we read it....or think about it.

Adam's writing style is candid & hilarious. It is so easy to picture the events in your mind as they unfold...

Having recently returned from the BVI, and from the Willy T, I love just re-reading the story again and again....it was so much fun imagining Adam's antics while on board the Willy T.

I would love to hear of other people's humorous experiences in the BVI as well....

laughter is the best medicine!

enjoy!

Too drunk to find my dinghy - Messing About In Sailboats
__________________

__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but instead by the moments that take your breath away
SweetSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 13:12   #2
Senior Cruiser
 
bstreep's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX/Port Aransas, TX
Boat: 1990 Macintosh 47, "Merlin"
Posts: 2,274
Ah! We have a similar tale from the Willie T:

It was our first night on the charter. We closed down Willie T's, and hopped into our dinghy (the only one left!), to go back to the boat. Uh-oh, which boat is it? What's the NAME of our boat? "Windsong"?, NO, that was LAST year.

We spent almost an hour running around the Bight trying to figure out which boat was ours. THEN, a stroke of GENIUS:

We are looking for the only charter boat without a dinghy...
__________________

__________________
Bill Streep
San Antonio/Port Aransas, TX
bstreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 14:26   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NH
Boat: Tayana 37
Posts: 106
We were there last years and can see how that could happen. If we go again I'll drop the wife off and go and anchor the boat off. Then there's no confusion. The only problem will be the swim back.

Dave
__________________
ddsailor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 17:09   #4
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 111
Images: 24
cracks me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstreep View Post
Ah! We have a similar tale from the Willie T:

It was our first night on the charter. We closed down Willie T's, and hopped into our dinghy (the only one left!), to go back to the boat. Uh-oh, which boat is it? What's the NAME of our boat? "Windsong"?, NO, that was LAST year.

We spent almost an hour running around the Bight trying to figure out which boat was ours. THEN, a stroke of GENIUS:

We are looking for the only charter boat without a dinghy...
thanks so much for sharing your story...hilarious... we all have "duh" moments in life!! Pure Genius!
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but instead by the moments that take your breath away
SweetSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2010, 17:10   #5
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 111
Images: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsailor25 View Post
We were there last years and can see how that could happen. If we go again I'll drop the wife off and go and anchor the boat off. Then there's no confusion. The only problem will be the swim back.

Dave
its always good to have a plan!
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but instead by the moments that take your breath away
SweetSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 22:38   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 39
You crack me up! You don't know the name of your boat? The Bight is rather a big place...at night Glad you got back ok...LOL We had a similar experience - we left the mast head light off....it's around here somewhere....bump...are we home? Way to go! What are the odds? LOL
__________________
busyengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 22:55   #7
Registered User
 
Patient's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstreep View Post
Ah! We have a similar tale from the Willie T:

It was our first night on the charter. We closed down Willie T's, and hopped into our dinghy (the only one left!), to go back to the boat. Uh-oh, which boat is it? What's the NAME of our boat? "Windsong"?, NO, that was LAST year.

We spent almost an hour running around the Bight trying to figure out which boat was ours. THEN, a stroke of GENIUS:

We are looking for the only charter boat without a dinghy...
Hahahaha!

I was going to post my Willie T's story as well.

Short version: I managed to somehow take off with 3 other dingys in tow according to my GF. People were yelling until somehow they were returned with help. (Don't remember that part)

I woke up the next morning naked except for my shoes and Shoulder Bag on. I jumped off the top of Willie T's with my clothes on at some point. That explained the need to shed my clothes sometime after arriving back.

Best line ever though was from the Girlfriend while taking a shower, "*Scream* Why are there tattoos on my breasts!?"
__________________
Patient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 23:01   #8
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: southcoast ontario ca
Boat: Georgian 23 Whiskeyjack
Posts: 296
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patient View Post
Best line ever though was from the Girlfriend while taking a shower, "*Scream* Why are there tattoos on my breasts!?"
This thread is worthless without pics. )
__________________
bljones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 23:05   #9
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 39
How did she get tattoos on her breasts? LOL were you asleep? Shame on you! We saved the Willy T for last and it was awesome! Even for mid week - last time I was there our "seasoned" captain couldn't stand the nudity and asked if we could take him home...waaaa!
__________________
busyengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 23:12   #10
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 39
I've got pics...oh yea but perhaps on another site? LOL
__________________
busyengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2010, 23:18   #11
Registered User
 
Patient's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by busyengineer View Post
How did she get tattoos on her breasts? LOL were you asleep? Shame on you! We saved the Willy T for last and it was awesome! Even for mid week - last time I was there our "seasoned" captain couldn't stand the nudity and asked if we could take him home...waaaa!
Aww. I found the nudity quite harmless. Nothing you haven't seen moored next to an all dutch chartering crew.

As for the Tattoos I won't spoil the surprise. All I will say is that the bartender there could write a thesis on the sales pitch. He has his method of convincing seemingly innocent women to do incredible things down to a science.
__________________
Patient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 20:28   #12
Senior Cruiser
 
bstreep's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX/Port Aransas, TX
Boat: 1990 Macintosh 47, "Merlin"
Posts: 2,274
Another funny Willie T story, from CW:

Seems a bareboat group came into the anchorage right at dusk. Back in the pre-moorings days. Dropped anchor right behind a captained charter, hopped in the dinghy and left for the Willie T.

The next morning the captain pulled anchor, and noticed the bareboat following them close behind. Went out of the anchorage, and still noticed them behind them. Then noted the anchor from the bareboat in their dinghy!

No one awoke while they went out and around to Soldier Bay, and dropped their anchor. Now imagine what went thru their heads when they got up?????
__________________
Bill Streep
San Antonio/Port Aransas, TX
bstreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 21:43   #13
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 111
Images: 24
Incredible!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstreep View Post
Another funny Willie T story, from CW:

Seems a bareboat group came into the anchorage right at dusk. Back in the pre-moorings days. Dropped anchor right behind a captained charter, hopped in the dinghy and left for the Willie T.

The next morning the captain pulled anchor, and noticed the bareboat following them close behind. Went out of the anchorage, and still noticed them behind them. Then noted the anchor from the bareboat in their dinghy!

No one awoke while they went out and around to Soldier Bay, and dropped their anchor. Now imagine what went thru their heads when they got up?????

wow!! the Captained charter must have had their dingy pretty far from the boat.... I cant imagine getting the anchor in someone else's dinghy.... I watch it as it falls into the watch....carefully so it does not ding the boat...


maybe it was Giblet bag's handiwork...in Adam's story...Giblet bag...manages to tangle the anchor around the keel!!! LOL!

too close for comfort!!

hilarious though!!!!
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but instead by the moments that take your breath away
SweetSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 21:44   #14
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 111
Images: 24
oops...watch it carefully as it falls into the WATER.... oops!
__________________
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but instead by the moments that take your breath away
SweetSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 00:47   #15
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chester, MD for now
Boat: Pearson Ariel 264
Posts: 124
Note to self: Go to Willie Ts
__________________

__________________
Keith
International Man of Leisure
Chattcatdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Find a Small Hole in a Dinghy? landonshaw Auxiliary Equipment & Dinghy 7 29-08-2009 17:04
Supreme Court Vermont voids one of two drunk boating convictions Amgine Cruising News & Events 4 10-09-2007 22:40



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:37.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.