Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-01-2014, 04:42   #181
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: St Lucia murder

Mark... what many don't realise is there's often a 'family connection' in these islands...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 23-01-2014, 04:50   #182
cruiser

Re: St Lucia murder

The latest article almost sounds like the police are considering the murder an unfortunate accident, like the poor unemployed thieves didn't mean to do it... as if it was Mr. Pratt's fault that his head and ribs got in the way of the thieve's fists, and then he fell in the water and drowned because he was unconscious.
Old 23-01-2014, 05:05   #183
cruiser

Boat: Ebbtide 33' steel cutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenomac View Post
The latest article almost sounds like the police are considering the murder an unfortunate accident, like the poor unemployed thieves didn't mean to do it... Like it was Mr. Pratt's fault that his head and ribs got in the way of the thieve's fists, and then he fell in the water and drowned because he was unconscious.
The daily mail will do anything they can to encourage outrage, it's a nasty rag of a paper. There may well be much more said by the police which would give a different slant. Better to go closer to the source than the mail before judging.
Old 23-01-2014, 05:35   #184

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Ocean Star 56.1 LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by conachair View Post
The daily mail will do anything they can to encourage outrage, it's a nasty rag of a paper. There may well be much more said by the police which would give a different slant. Better to go closer to the source than the mail before judging.
You are right of course.

Anyway I do know places when the sympathy of locals go to the locals and the people from outside (not necessary foreigners) are more or less disregarded, perceived mainly as a source of income and so on, and so on...

It is a good Greek word for it - xenophobia.

I simply do not know if it is the case for St. Lucia and other places in Caribbean.

But it is important to know. There are different reasons for high crime rates in different places. But the strangers are normally somewhat outside of local problems and can be on the same or even on less level of possible danger than local people. When xenophobia comes to equation all strangers are in more danger.

It is like in some big cities and their areas of higher crime rate.
When walking the street the local is in danger, but the person from the other part of the city is in much more danger - just because being strange to neighbourhood.

When xenophobia extends to the authorities, law enforcement and so on - it is the worst situation. The strangers are just marked targets for attack.

So it is worth to know, what the local attitude is. Of course not using the Daily Mail as a source of knowledge
Old 23-01-2014, 05:54   #185
cruiser

A message from one local....
http://www.stlucianewsonline.com/let...u-roger-pratt/

Sent from my SGP312 using Tapatalk
Old 23-01-2014, 06:01   #186

Strange letter!
Old 23-01-2014, 06:08   #187

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:

Quote:
Wilson Jn. Baptiste
Wilson is currently CEO of Gems of St. Lucia, headquartered in New York, which is an enterprise designed to market the best of St. Lucia’s hospitality and tourism products, entertainment and leisure. Wilson is an experienced tourism professional with a background in the North American and Caribbean Markets. He is skilled in management, with emphasis in accounting, product development and marketing.
Wilson holds a BS in Hotel and Tourism Administration and an MS in Tourism Management, from New York University. In addition, he also holds a Certificate of Specialization in Financial and Managerial Accounting from the Educational Institute of the American Hotel and Motel association. Wilson also conceptualized the Global Conference on St. Lucia where he presented the concepts, St. Lucia’s Global Skills Bank and St. Lucia’s Global Development Fund.
Wilson has also worked in the financial services sector in New York and served as a Consultant with the United Nations Development Program.
Interesting letter.
But to call the author local is probably not so right, I think.

Regards

Tomasz
Old 23-01-2014, 06:13   #188
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Not so strange.. if you think about it..

Bio
Wilson Jn. Baptiste
Wilson is currently CEO of Gems of St. Lucia, headquartered in New York, which is an enterprise designed to market the best of St. Lucia’s hospitality and tourism products, entertainment and leisure. Wilson is an experienced tourism professional with a background in the North American and Caribbean Markets. He is skilled in management, with emphasis in accounting, product development and marketing.
Wilson holds a BS in Hotel and Tourism Administration and an MS in Tourism Management, from New York University. In addition, he also holds a Certificate of Specialization in Financial and Managerial Accounting from the Educational Institute of the American Hotel and Motel association. Wilson also conceptualized the Global Conference on St. Lucia where he presented the concepts, St. Lucia’s Global Skills Bank and St. Lucia’s Global Development Fund.
Wilson has also worked in the financial services sector in New York and served as a Consultant with the United Nations Development Program.

Tomaz.. ya beat me to it... lol

Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 23-01-2014, 06:13   #189
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

Quote:
I nearly believed that letter till i read who the writer is:
Quote:
Wilson Jn. Baptiste

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
Old 23-01-2014, 06:14   #190
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleWhisky View Post
Interesting letter.
But to call the author local is probably not so right, I think.

Regards

Tomasz
Ah, I should have dug a bit deeper..

Old 23-01-2014, 06:16   #191

Boat: 48' steel cutter

Quote:
Letter to the Editor: We love you Roger Pratt | St. Lucia News Online

Interesting LTTE, and comments following. Thanks for the link. The last time I was in St. Lucia was the winter of Comet Kohoutek, 73-74, aboard my sister and brother-in-law's 33' sloop Maica. I was just 16 then, and my experience in the Windwards hooked me on cruising. Even then, St. Lucia could be dangerous, especially after dark.
Old 23-01-2014, 06:17   #192
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"

Hmmmm at least we are all critically analysing this case!

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
Old 23-01-2014, 06:30   #193

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
Hmmmm at least we are all critically analysing this case!
And we three with Boatie posted the same within five minutes
Old 23-01-2014, 06:38   #194

I read who wrote it but its still a strange letter. Imagine the victims family reading it. There is no love in that letter.
Old 23-01-2014, 06:46   #195
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert sailor View Post
I read who wrote it but its still a strange letter. Imagine the victims family reading it. There is no love in that letter.
Yes there is...
To the tune of an oldie but goldie...

Don't take your dosh away from me..
and leave me here in misery..
I'll be sad and Oh so Blue..
Your $$$'s mean so much to me...

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruiser, St Lucia