Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-04-2019, 13:59   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BVI
Boat: Leopard 40 (new model)
Posts: 1,330
St Kitts and Nevis

Hello everyone

I want to go from St Martin to Antigua on a 40-ft minikeel cat that does not like to sail upwind. One option is to go in short hops via St Kitts-Nevis-Monserrat.

Can anyone tell me good or bad things about St Kitts and Nevis as places to stop for a day or two on the way from SXM to Antigua?

Thanks in advance..
__________________

svlamorocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2019, 23:13   #2
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Europe
Boat: Leopard 45 (yet to come)
Posts: 59
Re: St Kitts and Nevis

Nevis is beautiful but staying is possible only if you grab a mooring ball next to the four seasons hotel, next to Charlestown where to check in. No other anchorage possible. However itís cheap and you pay when you clear in. To me Nevis is the beauty of both islands and a must to be explored.
St. Kitts best anchorage is White House bay but itís in a distance from the major spots. There are some protected bays if the wind turns unexpected westerly. However both places are worth to go. Enjoy.
__________________

Nelsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 03:59   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Anguilla
Boat: CheoyLee Offshore 33
Posts: 575
Images: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to masonc
Re: St Kitts and Nevis

The mooring field in Nevis is rolly, you probably won't stay too long. You can anchor but you pay for the mooring anyway. It's a pretty island, lots to see. Have breakfast at Art Cafe along the waterfront. Ask for Bee Man, he'll point you in the right direction. The Hamilton museum is next door. Dinner at 17th century Hermitage, owned by an avid sailor, Richard Lupinacci, is an experience.
We were in Nevis last week.
You can go into the marina in St Kitts, Port Zante is a lot of fun. Salt Plage at White head bay is a neat restaurant.
masonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 04:10   #4
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Anguilla
Boat: CheoyLee Offshore 33
Posts: 575
Images: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to masonc
Re: St Kitts and Nevis

However, by Wednesday, the prediction is no wind, so I would wait for that and motor straight there, it should be flat calm.
masonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 08:37   #5
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BVI
Boat: Leopard 40 (new model)
Posts: 1,330
Re: St Kitts and Nevis

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonc View Post
However, by Wednesday, the prediction is no wind, so I would wait for that and motor straight there, it should be flat calm.
Many thanks for the info above. Unfortunately I will not be able to use Wednesday's window that looks nice; I will need to wait for the next one.
svlamorocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 08:38   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BVI
Boat: Leopard 40 (new model)
Posts: 1,330
Re: St Kitts and Nevis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsons View Post
Nevis is beautiful but staying is possible only if you grab a mooring ball next to the four seasons hotel, next to Charlestown where to check in. No other anchorage possible. However itís cheap and you pay when you clear in. To me Nevis is the beauty of both islands and a must to be explored.
St. Kitts best anchorage is White House bay but itís in a distance from the major spots. There are some protected bays if the wind turns unexpected westerly. However both places are worth to go. Enjoy.
Many thanks!
svlamorocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 12:03   #7
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Anguilla
Boat: CheoyLee Offshore 33
Posts: 575
Images: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to masonc
Re: St Kitts and Nevis

Quote:
Originally Posted by svlamorocha View Post
Many thanks for the info above. Unfortunately I will not be able to use Wednesday's window that looks nice; I will need to wait for the next one.
We're getting into the slow times, there'll be plenty more.
Where is your boat?
masonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 12:45   #8
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BVI
Boat: Leopard 40 (new model)
Posts: 1,330
Re: St Kitts and Nevis

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonc View Post
We're getting into the slow times, there'll be plenty more.
Where is your boat?
Boat is in Tortola. I will arriev in Tortola on Thursday and have guests for a few days..
svlamorocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2019, 14:59   #9
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Anguilla
Boat: CheoyLee Offshore 33
Posts: 575
Images: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to masonc
Re: St Kitts and Nevis

Quote:
Originally Posted by svlamorocha View Post
Boat is in Tortola. I will arriev in Tortola on Thursday and have guests for a few days..
We'll be in St Martin, Marigot bay, next week if you are there.
__________________

masonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
Nevis, St Kitts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Want to Rent: St Kitts or Nevis; want a sailboat for rent norwegianspacem Classifieds Archive 0 13-11-2013 15:15
Need updated info for St Kitts Nevis AJaco Atlantic & the Caribbean 7 04-06-2013 08:13
June Charter: Nevis or St Kitts to Barbuda ? captaincarl Atlantic & the Caribbean 4 14-03-2011 15:26
Nevis and St. Kitts lreslock Atlantic & the Caribbean 19 05-03-2011 04:32
Customs and Immigration Procedures - St. Kitts and Nevis, etc. karenmccraw Atlantic & the Caribbean 4 17-02-2010 21:33



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:15.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.