Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-02-2013, 14:41   #16
Registered User
 
CharlesFCook's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 295
Images: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to CharlesFCook
Re: Snorkeling charter in the Keys Marathon?

Check out the Schooner Liberty Clipper. Great sailing, beaches, sun, food..... I work on this boat sometimes.

Windjammer Liberty Clipper
__________________

__________________
CharlesFCook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 14:42   #17
Registered User
 
mbianka's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,125
Images: 1
Re: Snorkeling charter in the Keys Marathon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by engine1218 View Post
BTW, no affiliation. I just have all these links saved for future bareboat charter vacations.

My family and I will be in Marathon the last week in March. No sailboat this time, condo and a motor boat.
Thanks I will check them out.
__________________

__________________
Capt. Mike
mbianka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 14:55   #18
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alaska
Boat: Truant Triad 37 Cutter
Posts: 346
Re: Snorkeling charter in the Keys Marathon?

Hi- you'll have to check into the busineess side of this with respect to captain license., insurance and considerations about operating after sunset, alcohol use by yourself and the clients. Etc. There are different breakdowns for these things that may make it less feasible.

Whoever mentioned tortugas for day charters doesn't know that its too far for that even froem key west, let alone marathon. The reef has lots of good snorkeling all the way from key largo past key west so you'll have no trouble with that but what about dealing with the reef using an electric powered sailboat and anchoring restrictions, etc. Could be dangerous! Don't get me wrong I love your blog and the electric propulsion- you are one of my cf heroes for that. I'm just saying those winds could put you in a bad situation in the same place that historically took out hundreds of sailing ships!
__________________
seahag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 15:08   #19
Registered User
 
mbianka's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,125
Images: 1
Re: Snorkeling charter in the Keys Marathon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahag View Post
Hi- you'll have to check into the busineess side of this with respect to captain license., insurance and considerations about operating after sunset, alcohol use by yourself and the clients. Etc. There are different breakdowns for these things that may make it less feasible.

Whoever mentioned tortugas for day charters doesn't know that its too far for that even froem key west, let alone marathon. The reef has lots of good snorkeling all the way from key largo past key west so you'll have no trouble with that but what about dealing with the reef using an electric powered sailboat and anchoring restrictions, etc. Could be dangerous! Don't get me wrong I love your blog and the electric propulsion- you are one of my cf heroes for that. I'm just saying those winds could put you in a bad situation in the same place that historically took out hundreds of sailing ships!
Not to worry we will be chartering a cat with crew. I'll make sure the Captain does not get into my grog. Been our to the Tortugas a few times and yes it is out of the question for this trip because of time constraints.
__________________
Capt. Mike
mbianka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 15:12   #20
Registered User
 
mbianka's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,125
Images: 1
Re: Snorkeling charter in the Keys Marathon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesFCook View Post
Check out the Schooner Liberty Clipper. Great sailing, beaches, sun, food..... I work on this boat sometimes.

Windjammer Liberty Clipper
Charles:

Thanks! Looks like a nice boat. I'd jump on it myself. Though my gal has really enjoyed the Cat charters and might get a little nervous with me sleeping in the bunk above her.
__________________
Capt. Mike
mbianka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2013, 15:14   #21
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alaska
Boat: Truant Triad 37 Cutter
Posts: 346
Re: Snorkeling charter in the Keys Marathon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbianka View Post
Not to worry we will be chartering a cat with crew. I'll make sure the Captain does not get into my grog. Been our to the Tortugas a few times and yes it is out of the question for this trip because of time constraints.
Ah. That is very different- cat and crew would be better for this for sure. I could see working for you doing this!
__________________

__________________
seahag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
charter

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 21:22.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.