Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 24-09-2012, 00:09   #1

Road Town Hotel Recommendations?

Greetings! I am going on a charter/floatilla in Tortola in November. I've decided to stay a few days after the trip ends to do some diving and explore the island a bit. The hotel sites I've searched have not been real helpful. I'm traveling alone so I just need something basic and inexpensive. I'd like to be close to things to do and people to meet. Also, air conditioning I consider a must!

Any recommendations on lodging and/or places to go and things to do in Road Town are much appreciated!

Old 24-09-2012, 00:42   #2

Boat: Lagoon 440
Send a message via Skype™ to impi
Re: Road Town Hotel Recommendations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HercNav View Post
Greetings! I am going on a charter/floatilla in Tortola in November. I've decided to stay a few days after the trip ends to do some diving and explore the island a bit. The hotel sites I've searched have not been real helpful. I'm traveling alone so I just need something basic and inexpensive. I'd like to be close to things to do and people to meet. Also, air conditioning I consider a must!

Any recommendations on lodging and/or places to go and things to do in Road Town are much appreciated!
There is a hotel at wickham Cay (personally think its a bit of a dive but probably cheap) and another on the Moorings side (Mariner Inn).

You could try both ... the one at Moorings is nicer but will cost more ... I don't really like the looks of the one at Wickham Cay but they have a bed, place to eat and close to everything.

Soper's Hole Marina also has a small hotel in a quaint marina as do some other marinas such as Nanny Cay.

Personally I do not like Tortola as far as a holiday destination ... I prefer the islands of which Peter Island is my favorite! Peter Island also has a ferry which runs back and forth several times daily, stunning beaches, beach pubs, gorgeous swimming pool and drives over to the opposite side being White Bay (very secluded) etc. etc,

There are many things to do on various islands although the BVI is quiet this time of year ...

Tortola itself may be a disappointment for you !!!

impi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 00:47   #3

Boat: Lagoon 440
Send a message via Skype™ to impi

By the way ... do not be fooled if you look at the Wickham Cay (I think CALLED VILLAGE CAY HOTEL) hotel brochures ... the swimming pool seems terrific on photos ... never seen anyone use it and it CERTAINLY is NOT one I would use ... no where near as nice in reality as one sees in the pics

HERE IS THE SPOT ... http://www.peterisland.com
impi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 14:16   #4

Boat: Lagoon 42

Try Nanny Cay Resort. It is not a true "resort", but a very basic hotel. It is clean, has a/c and is comfortable and very reasonably priced. Blue Water Divers is in the marina, only about 150 yards from the hotel. Blue Water is very good, great folks to dive with in the BVI. Also, there are several good places to eat at Nanny Cay. Genaker Cafe is right beside Blue Water and a great place for breakfast or lunch or just to have a beer and watch the activity in the marina. Peg Legs is a step up in price but has good food especially for dinner - nice atmosphere and a very nice view. There is also a tiki bar (beach bar) on the Peg Legs property with good bar food. There is a small grocery store, ice cream shop and several other shops on site. Also the nicest marina showers in the BVI. It is a few miles outside of Road Town, about mid-way between Road Town and Soper's Hole. The island is small so a rental car gets you almost anywhere on the island within 45 minutes. Most car rental agencies will bring the car to you. Check out the Nanny Cay website: Nanny Cay Resort, Marina & Boatyard - British Virgin Islands - Home

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: