Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-02-2016, 11:11   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Fountain Pajot Lipari
Recommendation for a client project manager in Tortola or Saint Martin

Hi,

I am looking for someone in Saint Martin, Tortola or St Thomas to project manage the re-fit from a Beneteau 41 from Sunsail (need to get it ready for the cruising life with solar panels, life raft, SSB, AIS, Water maker?, etc...). Any recommendations or suggestion on how to find one? Lastly, I live on the West Coast, so I would like to minimize the need to be on site....

Thanks!
Jeff
jeffgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2016, 11:23   #2
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Re: Recommendation for a client project manager in Tortola or Saint Martin

Custom Fit Marine
Five Star Yachting

Both in St Martin.
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 05:40   #3

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffgraf View Post
Hi,

I am looking for someone in Saint Martin, Tortola or St Thomas to project manage the re-fit from a Beneteau 41 from Sunsail (need to get it ready for the cruising life with solar panels, life raft, SSB, AIS, Water maker?, etc...). Any recommendations or suggestion on how to find one? Lastly, I live on the West Coast, so I would like to minimize the need to be on site....

Thanks!
Jeff

ME - part time yacht surveyor and marine project manager somewhat of a Beneteau expert 35+ years but 99% retired also on here with another profile as Highland Fling.

But sadly for you, I suspect, I am back in Scotland now and on my way to Singapore Bali and Jakarta for a few weeks.

What is your time frame? Depending on what that is I could make myself available to work with and oversee the work by CFM who I have worked with very successfully in the past on some significant projects.

You could in fact, should talk to Thomas at Custom Fit Marine in St Martin, he is the only one I would recommend and know that any feedback I got would be excellent.

Any Tortola based people have their income stream mostly based on work from Moorings and Sunsail so finding a truly independent person who will be totally focused on yourself is going to be a challenge.

PM me for an Email address if you are interested in progressing this forward with Thomas and CFM.

thanks in anticipation

kindest regards

David Mackintosh
Highland Fling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 10:04   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Fountain Pajot Lipari

Thanks Highland Fling. Would like to get someone onsite first (and then depending on the size of the project, ask for some more help). Got in touch with the folks at Five Star Yachting and will contact CFM as well.
Thanks for your help!
jeffgraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2016, 07:05   #5

Boat: Jeanneau 57

jeffgraf - I've used Custom Fit and Five-Star before and can recommend both. Is the boat situated in the BVI at the moment or in St. Martin? My first boat was a ex-Sunsail Jeanneau 43DS in the BVI and I made the mistake of kitting her out there rather than 80 miles upwind in St. Martin and paid at least a 50% surcharge for having done that. But if you want someone in the BVI to do project work, you can contact Miles Poor at Nanny Cay (projectmanagers - www.mrprefits.com) who will give you a fair and professional estimate for what needs to be done. He is a sailor and keeps his Tayana in Bristol fashion

Tags
men, project