Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 09:34   #1

Boat: n/a yet...
Puerto Rican Anchorages

I am wondering how to findout where the best anchorages are in Puerto Rico. Preferably moorings or places to drop hook... How do you find the regs of a particular country? Is there a really good source for mooring locations in different countries?
Macopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:18   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Check out Noonsite: Noonsite: The global site for cruising sailors
specifically
Puerto Rico Profile: Noonsite: Puerto Rico

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 11:49   #3
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold
Macopa,

Although dated, Don Street's cruising guide for the Virgin Islands describes a number of good mooring locations in Puerto Rico.

I've personally visited only Culebra, Culebrita and Vieques in the Spanish Virgins, east of Puerto Rico. The anchorages there are beautiful, and not crowded, except on the weekends when large power boats come over from PR. Ensenada Dakity and Bahia de Almodovar on Culebra's east coast have free government moorings, as does the central bay in Culebrita. Bahias Icacos, Salinas del Sur, and Ensenada Honda on Vieques are lovely spots to anchor, but have no moorings.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:06   #4

Boat: n/a yet...
Thank you Hud. I've known several people that spend significant time on Vieques and Culebra working. I've heard the place is beautiful.
Macopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:37   #5

Boat: ct 48 Wahsoune
Macopa
Hud 3 advise is correct and updates me as I have not been there in the past 5 years. But a cruising guide on Puerto Rico will have the info you seek. There is also a cruising guide solely on the Spanish Virgins of which Hud 3 speaks.
Rich
rjbwahsoune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 07:42   #6

Boat: ct 48 Wahsoune
moorings? Culebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud3 View Post
Macopa,
Hud 3
Are there now moorings in Culebra and Culebrita now? Where in Ensenada Honda in Culebra?
Rich
S/V WAHSOUNE USVI

Although dated, Don Street's cruising guide for the Virgin Islands describes a number of good mooring locations in Puerto Rico.

I've personally visited only Culebra, Culebrita and Vieques in the Spanish Virgins, east of Puerto Rico. The anchorages there are beautiful, and not crowded, except on the weekends when large power boats come over from PR. Ensenada Dakity and Bahia de Almodovar on Culebra's east coast have free government moorings, as does the central bay in Culebrita. Bahias Icacos, Salinas del Sur, and Ensenada Honda on Vieques are lovely spots to anchor, but have no moorings.
Message above.
rjbwahsoune is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anchor, anchorages, Puerto Rico