Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2010, 07:11   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 40
Pro Valor Charters

Does anyone have any experience with Provalor Charters in the BVI's? I'd be interested in hearing any experiences positive or negative.

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2010, 08:31   #2

Provalor

Hi Alyeska (named after ski resort in Girdwood??)

I have booked an April charter w/ Provalor. I have not chartered with them before. However, I did track down a former charterer (summer 09) who gave glowing recommendations for them and the boat he chartered. And yes, he would use them next time.

I have been very pleased with the responses to my inquiries and, to date, have absolutely no complaints at all. The folks there are very nice to deal with and I expect my charter will reflect all their efforts. Hope this helps.

JG
backcountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 14:54   #3

Thumbs up Heck Yes!

We just back from sailing with them in July. We also chartered with them in January 2007. Had a fabulous time both trips. They're fun, reasonable, extremely knowledgeable and easy to work with. I highly recommend them. Let me know if you have any other questions...
NYRegJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 10:42   #4

Location: West Indies, Now live aboard as cruiser/ voyager often with guest/ friends
Boat: 36' Bene
Send a message via ICQ to Reality Check
They are located just down the road from me, I'm presently at Penn's Landing. Have not chartered from them but have done some business with the owners and they seem to be really nice people.

They have a nice shop with lots of boating stuff a charter person may want to take along including some books by locals that are very interesting. A new mid sized food store is located just next door with about all you need for provisioning and a couple of restaurants are in walking distance one in the same complex. A small chandlers and a dive shop are in same complex.

I've talked to a few people who have chartered from them and they didn't have any problems. Good small company that seems to want to please its guest. Think you will have a great time... hard no to have a great time in the BVI.