Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2016, 11:49   #16

Re: Miami to Trinidad

Hey guys I've been reading your post and your data is the closest I could find to what I've been seeking.. Thanks so much for your interests.. In this I believe you would probably be the best ones to ask if I am completely mad.

What's the likelihood of me making it from port in Miami to Trinidad with a twin engine mini yacht 30-32ft - re weather, waves and gas?
Hope this doesn't sound like too much of a stupid question..
I ask because I simply don't know. I'm currently selling everything and moving back home after a long and not so fun stint in Canada.. Mann do I miss home.. I've been planning to do something off the wall before I settle back into any kind of life grind. My plan is some form of small business so I expect I would need the life break.. I deserve something like this at least once in my life(as we all do) but that said I don't want to die or end up floating without gas waiting for the Sharks to pick at my carcas. Lord knows I've eaten enough of their kin at Maracas but I ain't going out like that.
Anyways are there stories of boaters that travel these waterways via yacht? Is there a better route for motorboat since they don't depend on wind? What are my best refuelling options or must I tow an oil rig behind me? Do I need to be more concerned with swells in a motor boat? Have many failed at these attempts? Expected timelines?
I've been a boater all of my life but this will be my biggest adventure to date if undertaken.
Sincerely looking forward to your thoughts.
Marc-Anthony
Cwc-director@hotmail.com
Mr. Trinidad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 19:47   #17

Boat: Solaris Sunstar 36' catamaran
Re: Miami to Trinidad

Mr T -

This thread hasn't been active since 2009, so you aren't too likely to get a reply. Maybe somebody knowledgeable will chime in.

Tags
miami, Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago