Thanks for info, I definitely wasn't going to try to navigation ICW
in the dark, hence the reason for anchoring
behind fisher to wait for daylight. As it turns out, winds are 6-9 from NNE here in west palm, so I will wait for another day. Since I'm still working, I have only limited window on w/e to travel and that sometimes requires night landfalls, not a big deal if all markets have lights, I use this new technology called GPS
, it helps a lot :-)
One last ? so I can better estimate my travel time, any idea on GS current
close to shore (100-500' depths).
Thx Ron, I may try that if I make a daylight approach. You seem to be talking about the Cape Florida
channel, where do I break off Biscayne channel, before R6 or after? There is no markers for channel except for the a few markers on the west entrance, hence my confusion.