Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-04-2009, 05:27   #1

marina in Freeport?

My husband is 2 days out from Freeport in our 47' sailboat, and has asked me to check on 2 marinas - Xanadu and Port Lucaya. The little I've been able to find on the web leads me to think that Port Lucay might be a better marina to stay in and fix a couple of minor things for a few days. Does that sound right? They are en route from Trinidad to Annapolis, and need to replace a wire and either an oil gauge or sending unit, so it will just be a night or two in Freeport. Anyone have any experience at either marina? Xanadu looks to be mostly a hotel/resort. Anyone know of marine supply stores near either marina?
muttnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 10:18   #2

I was in Port Lucaya for almost a month a few years ago...and it is very nice. Customs is right there and all the stores and shops and restaurants are also right there. Recommended. Getting parts in past customs may be an issue as we had a terrible time with it...which had nothing to do with the marina...just bureaucracy.

camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freeport