Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2015, 11:04   #31

Boat: Bristol 29
Re: Marathon / Derelict Boats

I think the only definition of "derelict" in Florida is "no current registration sticker". Can't see very well from photo, but small boat appears to have orange sticker (2014?) and big boat maybe green? What color is 2015 sticker? Citation was issued early February. Perhaps 30 day grace period has expired.

And I agree with others who say unless you know what the citation is for, bashing LEO is just stupid. For all you know the citation is for parole violation, unpaid child support or other land-based violation.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:29   #32

Boat: Freedom 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoShoes View Post
Good thing the guy didnt put his hand up and yell Mfer...a "good" leo or coastie would of probably shot him. 100 us citizen so far this year killed by LEO...maybe they can break their record of @1000 from last year.
Really??!! what is LEO?
Old 06-02-2015, 12:31   #33
RTB

Boat: Hunter 36

Law enforcement officer....
Old 06-02-2015, 12:33   #34

Boat: Freedom 32'

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengirl View Post
Really??!! what is LEO?
Sorry, I figured it out, but where do you get this info? I'd like to keep tabs on it too. I hate the M@#$%# F@#$%$ thanks
Old 06-02-2015, 12:59   #35

Boat: 1967 Chris Craft Cavalier 33'

Odd that no one has mentioned these LEO's and USCG are the people that will risk their lives to come get you no questioned asked. As a former US Army crash rescue firefighter I can assure you that I was never called a "MF" ...
Old 06-02-2015, 13:45   #36

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zengirl View Post
Sorry, I figured it out, but where do you get this info? I'd like to keep tabs on it too. I hate the M@#$%# F@#$%$ thanks
? I hope you're not speaking of hating law enforcement. You couldn't give me that thankless job with little or no money.
Old 06-02-2015, 15:08   #37

Boat: Alberg 30, Hull #69

Without actual facts this is just an exercise in bloviation, available at any bar
Old 06-02-2015, 15:23   #38

Boat: cheoy lee 35 (perry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
? I hope you're not speaking of hating law enforcement. You couldn't give me that thankless job with little or no money.
I never hated them, until I started looking at the abuse they hand out to the people they swore to protect, and defend the constitution. Just do a search on youtube on police brutality, or read news on reddit, bad_cop_no_donut to see these nice police officers doing their thankless jobs.

Do I dislike the police, yes I do. Are they all bad? since I have never seen a good cop point out a finger at a bad cop, then I think they all are bad?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bad_Cop_No_Donut/
http://www.reddit.com/r/AmIFreeToGo
Old 06-02-2015, 15:52   #39

Boat: cheoy lee 35 (perry)

I almost forgot my favorite, PINAC - Be the Media - Little Brother Watching Big Brother
Old 06-02-2015, 16:05   #40

Boat: 1987 Cabo Rico 38 #117 (sold) & 2008 Manta 42 #124

OK, redirecting this thread back... I have a few LEO's in my family and I can assure you all they are trying to do is help. My cousin for example, is a Detective in Tennessee that tracks child predators. Its unfortunate that he spend 100% of his time on that alone.

Current reg is green, so the guys registration sticker is old.

But that can't be the only official definition of derelict boat. If it is then the po po is in effect harassing law abiding citizens.

BTW - all the talk about Marathon not having good holding is complete BS. There is no need for two anchors. I pulled up my anchor today and at least 20 feet of chain was buried in sand that was like concrete. It was thick but not hard. We had difficulty pulling our spade anchor out and when it did come up it was covered in the same thick sand with shells stuck in it. I think these local live aboards have shi**y anchors and only rope rode.
Old 06-02-2015, 16:47   #41

Boat: Building a Max Cruise 44 hybrid electric cat

What about boats that are CG documented? They don't get stickers unless the state sends the....right?

Matt
Old 06-02-2015, 17:35   #42

Boat: Bristol 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by funjohnson View Post
What about boats that are CG documented? They don't get stickers unless the state sends the....right?
Matt
Documentation is irrelevant. If your boat is in FL for more than 90 days, you need a FL sticker. St. Augustine told me the penalty for being out of date was only like $5 or something, but maybe different story because my boat is in storage, not in water. So if this guy is cursing because he was ticketed for out of date sticker, I don't have much sympathy. It's not like FL sticker is very expensive.
Old 06-02-2015, 22:34   #43

Boat: 1987 Cabo Rico 38 #117 (sold) & 2008 Manta 42 #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun and Moon View Post
Documentation is irrelevant. If your boat is in FL for more than 90 days, you need a FL sticker. St. Augustine told me the penalty for being out of date was only like $5 or something, but maybe different story because my boat is in storage, not in water. So if this guy is cursing because he was ticketed for out of date sticker, I don't have much sympathy. It's not like FL sticker is very expensive.
Its not expensive and you can renew online.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:56   #44

Boat: Camano Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by zboss View Post
Today, the po po was here checking around for derelict boats, but only those on anchor apparently.

Oddly, the one guy I saw cited was in a small boat where the hull needs painting and in general needs a lot of work but is anchored well, removed the sails (as you should if you are going to not be using them for a long time), and generally keeps his boat very clean.

The boat in front of me literally has junk (I can't identify the what most of it is but its not nautical in nature - one is a 50 gallon barrel with holes in it) strewn about on deck and a rudder with a big hole it (amongst other issues) and they did not get a ticket.

I don't get it.
How do you know this guy received a citation and what was the violation?

If you don't know, why did you post? To complain about the police doing their job? Should the police just hang around the station eating donuts? Or perhaps they should go after "real criminals" and not enforce laws you don't agree with.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:22   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwidman View Post
How do you know this guy received a citation and what was the violation?

If you don't know, why did you post? To complain about the police doing their job? Should the police just hang around the station eating donuts? Or perhaps they should go after "real criminals" and not enforce laws you don't agree with.
Ron...

Z isn't complaing at all... Simply pointin out that a boat that is CLEARLY in more of a derelict condition was ignored over a boat that seems in better serviceable condition...

I think the exclamation of MotherF*&%er! Also was a clear indication of a citation!

Mai Tai's fix everything...
Closed Thread