Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-09-2011, 15:23   #1

Jensen Beach

Is there an anchorage in jensen beach fl to live aboard for a couple of months? Also marinas in the area that allow live aboards? trawler with a 3' draft
thanks
motion30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 15:36   #2

Boat: Pacific Seacraft 31 - Cielo Azul
Re: jensen beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by motion30 View Post
Is there an anchorage in jensen beach fl to live aboard for a couple of months? Also marinas in the area that allow live aboards? trawler with a 3' draft
thanks
There is a couple of small marinas, but they are not for liveaboards (no laundry, etc), If you go to nearby Stuart,Fl: Sunset Bay Marina has a mooring field/docks and allows liveaboards, it's a nice area. Its about 5 miles from Jensen Beach.
Tom
teejayevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 15:53   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejayevans
There is a couple of small marinas, but they are not for liveaboards (no laundry, etc), If you go to nearby Stuart,Fl: Sunset Bay Marina has a mooring field/docks and allows liveaboards, it's a nice area. Its about 5 miles from Jensen Beach.
Tom
Ditto
LostAtSea2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2011, 17:55   #4

Re: Jensen Beach

Thanks guys Maybe you can get me closer . I am gonna work at the nuclear power plant there for an outage, never been there so I am not sure where it is closest to , might you know?
m
Old 18-09-2011, 21:16   #5

Boat: Catalina 470

motion30,
I've got some more detailed info for you....

Just for some specifics....
My dock is about a 10 min drive from the power plant, and most of Stuart's marinas are another 10 minute drive further......and Ft. Pierce's marinas about the same distance from the power plant as Stuart's marinas (all about a 20 -25 min drive or so from the power plant)....

1) The closest marina to the power plant, that I'm aware of, is Nettles' Island Marina, about 4 miles south of the power plant.....
Nettles Island Marina

It is a nice place, and is a very short drive or bike ride from the power plant.....(you could even walk if you're in the mood, as the area is pretty quiet and has little traffic)

2) The Indian River (the water between the Atlantic / Hutchinson Island and the mainland, and where the ICW channel is) is pretty shallow outside of the ICW channel and other access channels....
BUT...
But, you could anchor in some spots there, and make your dinghy landing in many areas......or even at the power plant, assuming you're authorized to do so!!!

3) Assuming you're here for refueling / maintenance of the power plant, you should be allowed access to their waterway access????
And, you just may find that you could moor your boat right there at the power plant and/or their maintenance dock?????

4) There are also a few small, private marinas along the west side of the Indian River, near Jensen Beach....but I don't know which ones, if any, allow liveaboards.....

5) If the above ideas aren't what you're looking for, your choices are marinas in Stuart or Ft. Pierce, both areas having multiple choices....
(with Sunset Bay Marina, being the newest and nicest.....and about 20 - 25 minute drive from the power plant...Welcome to Sunset Bay Marina & Anchorage )

I hope this helps....

John
s/v Annie Laurie
ka4wja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2011, 00:40   #6

John
thank you thats the info i needed The dock at the power pland has guards armed with automantic weapons and side arms as does the whole plant guess they would frown on me approaching their dock turns out this is a serious place cant understand why they let me in
Old 19-09-2011, 08:23   #7

Boat: Pacific Mariner 65

You can anchor down in the Manatee Pocket at Port Salerno. You're not supposed to stay there for that long, but they don't seem to care/check too often. There's a public dock where you can leave your dinghy. Also some great restaurants all along there. It's the best hurricane hole in the area also, for protection when those winter storms blow through.
rockerdar is offline   Reply With Quote