Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2015, 13:00   #211

Re: Haiti attack on Cruisers.

Things have change in 2015. Now the police and coast gaurd just board you and Rob you where you are not a drug boat..... just a cruising yacht. .......
markhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 13:06   #212

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhatter View Post
Things have change in 2015. Now the police and coast gaurd just board you and Rob you where you are not a drug boat..... just a cruising yacht. .......
Get off the bashing of law enforcement. If it happened to you elaborate if not shut up.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 13:16   #213

Boat: Shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude_Marie View Post
@ Polux :

Wiki :

The USA is the largest foreign source of relief aid to Haiti from the 2010 Haiti earthquake, although in December 2011, the Haitian President Michel Martelly said that "The cooperation with Venezuela is the most important in Haiti right now in terms of impact, direct impact.".[1] USA, through USAID is giving more than $712 million in aid.

I did not bother looking up E.U aid, Japan aid...etc...etc...

What does it take to get ourselves a good name ???
Foreign Aid:

Poor people in rich countries giving money to rich people in poor countries.
Cottontop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 13:39   #214

The RCMP and a few other agencies definitely have a strong presence in Haiti, but they are not running drug gangs and pirate vessels. Come on- Really?

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
FamilyVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 13:44   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottontop View Post
Foreign Aid:

Poor people in rich countries giving money to rich people in poor countries.
You probably nailed it. The corrupt rich in Haiti get the aide and the poor remain in shacks.

I would not funnel any money through the UN. It makes them look like a hero with no mention of the countries that actually supplied the aide.

The civilized countries of the world should send that institution packing.
Old 08-06-2015, 13:58   #216
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
Get off the bashing of law enforcement. If it happened to you elaborate if not shut up.
Agreed... Time for him to post a few of those "9000 video clips", or shut up...

Stretches credulity just a tad, that the various authorities who robbed, ransacked, and held them hostage, at the same time permitted him to videotape the proceedings...

:-)
Jon Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 06:52   #217

Quote:
I did.... try reading the posts!
Old 09-06-2015, 06:55   #218

Quote:
Damage to Nejma
Shawn RCMP or DEA.... badge number 12418 on big gold chain around his neck. Scarborough Ontario. Looked like a criminal and stole 6500 dollars cash from boat. And threw up in boat.....
UN Police Raymond. French last name. Quiensel? Ottawa or brockville.... said everything was legal....
4 days in custody. .. 1 meal a day we bought and small water

-Scuba weights (stolen)
-Starboard 3" pulley block (damaged)
-Bug Screens (destroyed)
-Teak boards inside and much trim
-White board in diesel tank
-Rub rail (destroyed)
-Topside stress fractures
-Deck damage everywhere
-Genoa Sheets. 3/4 inch cut
-main, stay, Genoa sail Lines cut
-2 fenders(stolen)
-Life ring damaged
-Deck cooler damage/hinges
-Engine leaking oil or diesel
-Transmission oil removed. I was unaware when trying to get to safety. .... 5000 $ to rebuild it.

-My headed and face damaged
-Tender bag (destroyed)
-Chum bag (destroyed)
-Norcool fridge (destroyed) and food, freezer unplugged and left in saloon.
-Pur water maker left in acid wash for 4+days (destroyed)
-Diesel tank leaks, they opened every tank.
-Steering leaks damaged intentionally. .
-ripped up Floor damage
-Fresh Water lines leak.
-BBQ damage
-15 hp damage
-Large diamond Ring, I personally made 25 years ago to commemorate a very good friend who passed (stolen)
-Rare wood Stainless steel bracelet (stolen)
-6500 us cash (stolen)
-Spidico knife and 5 others (stolen)
-Hard Drive(stolen)
-Lingerie(stolen)
-Forward and after bilge pumps damaged. Left running dry for 4 days...
-Flashlights(stolen)
-Stun gun (stolen)
-Dive computer (stolen)
-still keep find out what they stole as I go though the boat.....
-working on rebuilding now
Old 09-06-2015, 06:57   #219

Quote:
FEBRUARY ATTACHED BY "POLICE".....
HAITI AND DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

We left Cartagena on the 25th January (5 months there) after 2 days at sea, Girlfriend said she could not eat old food... meaning left overs. First time at sea. So she learned to cook at sea in 25 knots beating into it. What a champ. Was super nice to have fresh cooked paticon and eggs and fresh fruits served to me in the cockpit...*

7 days we made Ile aux Vauche, Haiti. Anchored and checked in next day. From there it all went bad. They Haitian/RCMP/DEA...(still working on figuring out who they are) boarded us at about 4 pm that days. Held us captive for 4 days with no access to embassy or lawyers. US coast gaurd came for day 2 and 3 and found nothing.. then erased their presence from on board survalance system. people. at home knew our last position so UN police showed up on 3 day and said they would watch but nothing more the could do. ... no human rights in Haiti. .. 4 days or 10 years or death.... what ever they wish.....

On the 4 day they put us to sea, at anchor, and said you are free to go...

50 k in damage to the boat. Robbed and with steering disabled. I got emergency steering working and headed to sea. Very sleep deprived. DR. Anchored, *but Haitians called friends in police in DR and told them it was a free for all and we where boarded a again at midnight, robbed, held for 14 hours this time and then told you are free to go....headed for Frank V's Marina in Boca Chica and he slowed down the 3 and 4 boarding.....repaired the boat and headed for BVIs where I am now and woke up to a deaf cat at 7am as custom officer at the fuel dock as boarding welcome. WOW. Girlfriend is shocked at the world now. Me too. People say colombia is dangerous. ...

BtW nothing covered by insurance because it was the athoritis. ...

Ile aux Vache Haiti at anchor, Bahia de las aguila dominican republic at anchor ,Cabo Rojo police Dominican Republic. Boca chica
Old 09-06-2015, 07:54   #220

Quote:
FEBRUARY ATTACHED BY "POLICE".....
HAITI AND DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

We left Cartagena on the 25th January (5 months there) after 2 days at sea, Girlfriend said she could not eat old food... meaning left overs. First time at sea. So she learned to cook at sea in 25 knots beating into it. What a champ. Was super nice to have fresh cooked paticon and eggs and fresh fruits served to me in the cockpit...*

7 days we made Ile aux Vauche, Haiti. Anchored and checked in next day. From there it all went bad. They Haitian/RCMP/DEA...(still working on figuring out who they are) boarded us at about 4 pm that days. Held us captive for 4 days with no access to embassy or lawyers. US coast gaurd came for day 2 and 3 and found nothing.. then erased their presence from on board survalance system. people. at home knew our last position so UN police showed up on 3 day and said they would watch but nothing more the could do. ... no human rights in Haiti. .. 4 days or 10 years or death.... what ever they wish.....

On the 4 day they put us to sea, at anchor, and said you are free to go...

50 k in damage to the boat. Robbed and with steering disabled. I got emergency steering working and headed to sea. Very sleep deprived. DR. Anchored, *but Haitians called friends in police in DR and told them it was a free for all and we where boarded a again at midnight, robbed, held for 14 hours this time and then told you are free to go....headed for Frank V's Marina in Boca Chica and he slowed down the 3 and 4 boarding.....repaired the boat and headed for BVIs where I am now and woke up to a deaf cat at 7am as custom officer at the fuel dock as boarding welcome. WOW. Girlfriend is shocked at the world now. Me too. People say colombia is dangerous. ...

BtW nothing covered by insurance because it was the athoritis. ...

Ile aux Vache Haiti at anchor, Bahia de las aguila dominican republic at anchor ,Cabo Rojo police Dominican Republic. Boca chica
Haiti I can believe the Canadian story? You must be a magnet for abuse by law enforcement. I have never been in it and couldn't be given that job but hate seeing it painted with a broad brush.

I always found yes sir and no sir works fine. Guess I have just lead a charmed life?
Old 09-06-2015, 10:07   #221

How can you say RCMP or DEA? There is no such thing as a Canadian DEA- the war on drugs is an American thing.

If Loudon know what agency they represented, howdy you know they were Canadians at all?

Sounds like at best they were Haitians with stolen badges.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
FamilyVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:21   #222

Quote:
Haiti I can believe the Canadian story? You must be a magnet for abuse by law enforcement. I have never been in it and couldn't be given that job but hate seeing it painted with a broad brush.

I always found yes sir and no sir works fine. Guess I have just lead a charmed life?
The American Coast gaurd erased their 2 day presence off of the onboard video survalance on my boat. I still have 9000 video clips and will be build a website to try and identify the police in charge. I have friends in the police in many countries and the all say the same thing.... these police are fantom division and lawless.... hard to believe that is allowed to exist with RCMP. But it does
Old 09-06-2015, 10:32   #223

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 400

Quote:
The American Coast gaurd erased their 2 day presence off of the onboard video survalance on my boat. I still have 9000 video clips and will be build a website to try and identify the police in charge. I have friends in the police in many countries and the all say the same thing.... these police are fantom division and lawless.... hard to believe that is allowed to exist with RCMP. But it does

If you can't post a picture or video with said law enforcement. You are simply a liar or insane. No way US Coast Guard would have acted like you stated.

Sent from my iPad using Cruisers Sailing Forum
jacob30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:35   #224

Quote:
Now the USCG is complicate in this conspiracy against you. And groups of rouge cops are all over the place.
Old 09-06-2015, 11:07   #225

Boat: 78 Pearson323 Four Winds

What purpose would it serve to come on an international forum and knowingly lie about these events?

Clearly the OP wishes to identify exactly who the people were.

Also, because of the journey's departure point it shouldn't surprise anyone the vessel would be under a watcbful eye. Or that the search wouldn't be thorough.

The damage and theft is another level of wrong if as stated.

Tags
cruise, cruiser, Haiti