Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Atlantic & the Caribbean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2015, 01:05   #46

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch
Re: Gasp!! an American yacht sailed directly to Cuba from the states!!! And admits It

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondR View Post
I think Australias new legislation on fighting in foreign conflicts only restricts what you may do in other countries and not which ones you can travel to.
The Abbott government has introduced laws that can gazette prohibited places. The following is one from the Smart Traveller website on an area of Syria. I'm not sure of the others or how many there are.

It is an offence under Australian law for Australians to enter or remain in the Syrian province of al Raqqa. This province has been declared by the Minister for Foreign Affairs as an area in which a listed terrorist organisation is engaging in a hostile activity. See Safety and security.
Rustic Charm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:35   #47

Re: Gasp!! an American yacht sailed directly to Cuba from the states!!! And admits It

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSMike View Post
Yes, my post regarding guns was to the OP. But if you've been to Cuba with weapons on board I'd be happy to here about your clearing-in experience.
Certainly not a good idea to arrive at Playa Girón with guns on board 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 06-08-2015, 01:45   #48

On the car side, this is one nice car in Cuba waiting to be restored

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 06-08-2015, 20:58   #49

Boat: Westsail 32

About cigars, in general. Cigarettes and cigars in the US have a lot of paper impregnated with nitrate in them. A cheap cigar is just about 100% paper. You can't get cigarettes and cigars with 100% tobacco. The exception is pipe tobacco, which can be 100% tobacco.

In Canada, Players and Export A cigarettes are pure tobacco, as I remember from years ago. They're very strong.

The appeal of Cuban cigars comes from this, they're 100% tobacco.
Seymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 21:35   #50

Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymore View Post
About cigars, in general. Cigarettes and cigars in the US have a lot of paper impregnated with nitrate in them. A cheap cigar is just about 100% paper. You can't get cigarettes and cigars with 100% tobacco. The exception is pipe tobacco, which can be 100% tobacco.

In Canada, Players and Export A cigarettes are pure tobacco, as I remember from years ago. They're very strong.

The appeal of Cuban cigars comes from this, they're 100% tobacco.
Low quality cigars may indeed have paper in them, but good quality cigars, Cuban or not, don't. I have a humidor full of cigars that are 100% tobacco. I know for sure because I've watched them being made.
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 02:54   #51

Boat: Solaris Sunstar 36' catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natraps116 View Post
Nope your wrong. The video is ABout me "natraps"

I guess im not too swift. Or it might be that I don't give a crap. I am an American. I go where I want.

Good for you on going to Cuba.
Also good for you deciding you didn't really want to go to Mexico lol.
Old 12-08-2015, 16:58   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSMike View Post
Yes, my post regarding guns was to the OP. But if you've been to Cuba with weapons on board I'd be happy to here about your clearing-in experience.
We sailed to Marina Hemingway earlier this year and the customs folks took the gun and ammunition (after carefully counting the rounds). These items were returned upon departure. No problem.

I'd like to go back ask crew if anyone is looking for crew! It's a fascinating place to visit.
Buslog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Cuba, sail, yacht