Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2017, 16:25   #16

Re: Florida to Aruba in June

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchcailloch View Post
Curaceau whilst maybe not the most scenic of the ABCs is particularly yacht friendly. Free and safe dinghy access, local supermarket provides a bus for shopping to its well supplied and (especially after the other Caribbean islands) quite cheap store, gives you free coffe and tea after and a free return journey, possibly 4 miles each way! Having said that for the hurricane season if you are going further west after is to spend the season in Colombia, particularly Cartagena.......plenty to do and see for months at a time along with a safe friendly yacht club

Thanks for the advice! I didn't want to head to far west though. I hear it's extremely hard to gain easting when your of the cost of Colombia and near Central America. I think they call it the Hole? I'm looking to go through the Panama Canal next winter or head toward the BVI around then. Most of my time this summer will be in the ABC, for sure Aruba. Hopefully I can find work as a captain.

Tags
Aruba, florida