Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2017, 16:34   #31

Re: Florida Keys Moorings

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
You have to be ripped off as a visitor for it to work, by ripped off I mean paying a little extra for everything, the locals need / have to make a profit off of you. I am fine with that myself, however of course I am not signing up to be grossly overcharged for nothing either.
Personally I will just transit through areas that I am sure used to be paradise, but are now in fact floating trailer parks. To a great extent, we have met the enemy, they are us.
If we are to pass on a cruising type of lifestyle, then we must all start a movement of always leaving a place better than it was when we got there, and start working to change the locals opinions of us.
Live aboard has a nasty connotation to it in South Fl I have noticed, it didn't used to be that way, cruisers is next if we are not careful
Sadly the "locals" are not true locals and ran us true Floridians out years ago. Their dreams of turning Florida into a concrete jungle to make it feel more like their dirty northern haunts worked. Along with that they brought crime and a general rudeness in their interactions with everyone.
surb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 08:01   #32
h20

might have to go to Marathon. Gulf side KL is calm to anchor but tricky to shore. I looked for years and the best I found was to anchor and get a dock friend, or dock and a restaurant and buy a meal now and then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captseashanti View Post
Hi All!

I am looking to rent a mooring ball for a couple months in the Key Largo area and am having a hard time finding something. Can anyone make any recommendations?
h20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2017, 08:06   #33
h20

SO HAPPY I left Marathon!! Great Ocean and Gulf. but the PEOPLE! don't get me wrong had friends I loved but in general some are hatful drug ridden people and will chalk it up as one the the best and worst I have seen
Oh, yes and 7 guys to every girl. 25 year old boys with 65+ ladies. Not that there is anything wrong with that, it is just a fact. I met tons of older gals in Miami that would go down for their boy toys. Like I DID in Cuba, but girls mind you, lol. good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by surb View Post
Sadly the "locals" are not true locals and ran us true Floridians out years ago. Their dreams of turning Florida into a concrete jungle to make it feel more like their dirty northern haunts worked. Along with that they brought crime and a general rudeness in their interactions with everyone.
h20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, florida keys, mooring