Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-07-2017, 14:15   #1

Cruisers in Bermuda

Good Evening,
My wife and I and our 2 year old are in Bermuda for a week. We have been sailing for a few years, but lack blue water experience. Our plan is to set sail permanently in 6 years or so. If anyone happens to be in Bermuda on a transatlantic crossing, we'd love to meet up and hear about your experiences on the trip - let us know what to bring with us! Less likely, if anyone is willing to take us out, we'd be happy to pay for the trouble.
LJsail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 04:19   #2

Re: Cruisers in Bermuda

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJsail View Post
Good Evening,
My wife and I and our 2 year old are in Bermuda for a week. We have been sailing for a few years, but lack blue water experience. Our plan is to set sail permanently in 6 years or so. If anyone happens to be in Bermuda on a transatlantic crossing, we'd love to meet up and hear about your experiences on the trip - let us know what to bring with us! Less likely, if anyone is willing to take us out, we'd be happy to pay for the trouble.
You should reach out to Sailing Britican. They are there now with their now. I think they would love to share their story with you if they don't already have plans. Look for them on facebook and youtube.
kmartind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 04:59   #3

Boat: Nonsuch 30

Unfortunately it is not a great time for long-distance cruisers to be in Bermuda with the hurricane season. It seems that Bermuda gets more than its share of these storms. Best place to check for cruisers is St. George's, you will quickly see how many anchored sailboats are in town. Cruisers tend to come ashore on the dinghy dock to the east of the dunking stool. Also check Captain Smoke's marina a bit to the west where there is room for half a dozen boats med-moored and at the Dinghy Club which is to the east of 'downtown' St. George's. An offer to buy a beer might get folks talking - it would work with me. : )
Old 26-07-2017, 05:05   #4

Boat: Luders 33 - hull 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJsail View Post
... If anyone happens to be in Bermuda on a transatlantic crossing, we'd love to meet up and hear about your experiences on the trip - let us know what to bring with us! Less likely, if anyone is willing to take us out, we'd be happy to pay for the trouble.
Don't be too disappointed if you don't receive any replies... hurricane season is underway and most transatlantic cruisers have come and gone. Hang around St Georges and you may find some late ones. May and early June is a better bet..

Edit: Ainia beat me to it....
SVTatia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Bermuda, cruise, cruiser