Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-10-2010, 02:18   #16
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus
Hud3's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Virginia
Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold
Posts: 8,931
Images: 54
Today would be a good day to make some distance south. Winds out of the NW at 15-20 G25 (or less, depending on where you are), and the waves shouldn't be too bad near the western shore of The Bay. Tomorrow, the forecast is for SW 10-15, so you'll be hard on it.

Mill Creek/Great Wicomico to Hampton Roads makes for a long day. Get started early, or stop over in Jackson Creek and do it in two.

Hud3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 09:04   #17
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: aboard Akka, currently in San Francisco Bay
Boat: Stevens Custom 50
Posts: 70
When you get to the bottom of the Bay, stop in Hampton (hang a right immediately after crossing the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel and follow the channel carefully). You can tie up at the marina there, or at the Hampton Yacht Club, which has to be the friendliest place ever.

Akka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 10:00   #18
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Now in Seoul, Korea
Boat: 1976 Alajuela 38
Posts: 57
Send a message via MSN to cool2848
Have a safe voyage and enjoy!
We are leaving Mystic in two or three weeks.
I can't wait since it is getting colder.

cool2848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 10:38   #19
Registered User

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Underway in the Med -
Boat: Jeanneau 40 DS SoulMates
Posts: 1,967
Images: 1
RS -- try deltaville - a good day sail - then norfolk hospital pt - from there we do the great dismal to elizabeth city and then a few stops until beaufort, nc

just what we do

chuck patty and svsoulmates
still waiting on parts in deltaville
chuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 10:50   #20
Registered User
speciald@ocens.'s Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: On the boat - Carib, Chesapeake
Boat: 58 Taswell AS
Posts: 1,139
Weather may be nasty tomorrow. We will leave Annapolis on Thursday after 12N. We are heading straight to Hampton overnight. There are numerous boats heading to Hampton from Annapolis for the Carib1500. We leave for Tortola 11/1, weather permitting.
speciald@ocens. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2010, 22:00   #21
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 7
yeah the weather isnt looking great. think we are going to wait till thurs as well. maybe we will pass each other in the bay speciald. thanks for the info chuck pretty sure we are going to take the dismal swamp route.

eyore is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New but Old, Looking Forward to Casting Off FxdGrMind Meets & Greets 3 08-05-2010 16:29
Casting Resins Chrisc Construction, Maintenance & Refit 1 19-05-2009 21:31
Hospital casting tape for emergency repairs? MarkJ Engines and Propulsion Systems 3 30-04-2009 08:57

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 20:01.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.