Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2008, 03:29   #1

Boat: PEARSON 422
Bradenton Beach is cruiser friendly

We are doing our annual migration to the florida keys and made a stopover in Bradenton Beach. I had never anchored at Bradenton Beach before but I am happy to report that Bradenton Beach is cruiser friendly. Ther is an anchorage just off the "historic" Bridge Street Pier. On the Bridge Street Pier there is a free dingy dock with restrooms and showers. There are many shops and restaurants within walking distance and if what you are looking for is not within walking distance there is a free beach rolley. We andchored there for four days and were not asked to move or hasseled by the marine patrol. It is a great stopover and we will stop by again soon. Also, "The Sea Hagg" is a really cool nautical antique store on Cortez Blvd just over the bridge.
Old 20-06-2008, 10:17   #2

Boat: Endeavour CC 40' AbbyGale
Storms were brewing and we needed a place to tie up for the night. We stopped at the Bradenton Beach Marina. April 08 we were charged $2 a foot. Nice marina. It was getting dark when we arrived so I didn't see how to get into the public anchorage.

The next morning it looked to me like you had to come in through private daymarkers 1,2,3 and then pass close to and directly in front of the city pier. There will be a shoal between you and the ICW on your port side. I didn't go into the anchorage so I don't know the depth there.

We will stop back there the next time through.

BTW salty_dog_68.... are you saying geurillas or gorillas? It makes a difference ya know.
Old 20-06-2008, 11:57   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
An article, illustrating Bradenton Beach’s good attitude towards boaters (“it’s for you”).
Anna Maria Island News: Pier work coming to close, mooring field work to start again - The Islander Newspaper Online

FWIW:
Florida Boating Improvement Program Funded Projects
http://myfwc.com/boating/grants/docu...ojectsList.pdf

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2008, 21:02   #4

Boat: PEARSON 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by lannen View Post

BTW salty_dog_68.... are you saying geurillas or gorillas? It makes a difference ya know.

lannen,

You have not seen the movie "Captain Ron" have you? You should watch it. It is one of the funniest movies ever made even if you are not a boater.