Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 31-08-2016, 17:51   #16

Boat: Kirié Feeling 446
Re: Best 3 weeks in the Caribbean?

During December I would favour the southern Antilles. The weather in the BVI and other islands close to the continent get cold fronts and bad weather from December until March.

You could arrive at Martinique ou Saint Lucia. Martinique offers more anchorages and much better provisioning. And sail to Grenada. It is never close to the wind and you can expect good weather. Yes the Christmas winds might be present. 15 to 20 knots are usual.

Lots of swimming and diving in the Grenadines. So I would think: Martinique, St Lucia, Bequia, Union, Tobago Cays, Carriacou, Grenada. There are other islands in between but these are the most popular.

Not too much sailing, give them time to enjoy each visit.

SaltyTanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 18:38   #17

Boat: 1980 Morgan 46 ketch
Re: Best 3 weeks in the Caribbean?

I had my three daughters and my girlfriends two girls, ages 13 to 22 yrs in the Virgin Islands for 2 weeks and they agree it was the best vacation they have ever had. Chartered from VIP, St Thomas ,went to St Johns, cleared in Jost Van Dyke . Tortola, Peter Island, Virgin Gorda and Anegada are all short sails with snorkeling everywhere. Enjoy

rockborn is offline   Reply With Quote

Caribbean, rib

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On