I feel that St Thomas is a much easier place to get to and from by air direct from the USA. You don't need to worry about connections and missing the connection from Tortola back to STT or SJU.
- - I also have the opinion that the charter
outfits in USVI are more economical and try harder to please you.
- - For a week's charter, there is a lot of places to visit and experience in the USVI that tend to get missed by those "hurrying" over to the BVI's. For instance, there is a fabulous place called Coral
World with fish
, sharks and presentations on the northeast side of St Thomas. You can even anchor
Bay and dinghy
in to visit the place.
- - Then there is fabulous "away from it all" places like Little Hans Lollik; Lovango &
Congo Cay for swimming, snorkeling and see great underwater sites.
- - St John's could suck up a week easy. My favorite is Hawksnest Bay with a great snorkel experience from inside to out around the point.
- - IMHO, the BVI's are just much to see in a week of sailing without skipping so many places and/or hurrying from one to the other.