Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2016, 12:14   #1

anyone ever charter "Dom Leee" from Brent

I am getting ready to Charter Sv Dom Lee which is a 2006 Lagoon 38. Anyone have any experience with her? I have searched around and can not find any reference to her.
CapnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 06:29   #2

Boat: Jeanneau 57
Re: anyone ever charter "Dom Leee" from Brent

ronc185, this is an international forum with readers/posters from every nook and cranny of the world taking part in threads. If you could narrow down "Brent" as a charter company or person and state which island/country you are chartering in, you would most likely get a qualified response.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:48   #3

Zanshin,

Agreed a little info would probably be helpful. I would guess that he is talking about Brent with Captain's Compass in the BVI. I have not chartered with Brent but I have not heard anything other than he is very particular about taking care of the boats (good thing). Does a thorough check out and makes sure you are qualified before handing over the "keys" to the boat. Also a little particular about where you can and cannot take the boat (also not a bad thing necessarily)

http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...ml#post1430703
Hoosiersailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:12   #4

Sorry guys for the lack of info. The post was written to attract anyone that has charter "SV Dom Lee" in the past. I assumed if they knew the boat they would also now that Brent was with The Captains Compass in BVI.

I get that this is an international forum, but did not think that really made a difference. I figured I would get two types of people.

The ones that say "What the hell are you talking about, we need more info"

Or someone that knew "Sv Dom Lee" and would chime in.

I have read lots of good things about Brent @ TheCaptainsCompass but nothing really boat specific. Regardless I have enough to feel comfortable chartering from him.

Thanks for the help.
CapnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 10:22   #5

We chartered with Brent company, Welcome to www.thecaptainscompass.com last summer (2016), and will be doing another two weeks with him the summer of 2017. He is an honest hardworking man who cares making the charters work for the boat owners while keeping the price low for those who bareboat charter with him. The boat was very well maintained and Brent is very quick to respond when you need something fixed or just have a question for him. Fantastic man doing a great job in a difficult bareboat charter space. We are lucky to have found him and plan on doing business with him until we retire in a few years to hopefully live on a boat.
fsh_bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 10:53   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronc185 View Post
Sorry guys for the lack of info. The post was written to attract anyone that has charter "SV Dom Lee" in the past. I assumed if they knew the boat they would also now that Brent was with The Captains Compass in BVI.

I get that this is an international forum, but did not think that really made a difference. I figured I would get two types of people.

The ones that say "What the hell are you talking about, we need more info"

Or someone that knew "Sv Dom Lee" and would chime in.

I have read lots of good things about Brent @ TheCaptainsCompass but nothing really boat specific. Regardless I have enough to feel comfortable chartering from him.

Thanks for the help.

All fair points, and that might have been enough information to go on, except you got the name of the boat wrong: I assume you are referring to the Lom Dee.
RidgeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2017, 18:05   #7

I charter with Brent. He is a great guy. We did use the Lagoon 38 several times until we bought our own boat and put it in Brent's fleet. You will be glad you met Brent and sailed with Captains Compass.
md95captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 05:15   #8
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, md.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
charter