Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-04-2016, 15:13   #1

Boat: Nautitech 482
Wintering in Montenegro?

Once again I'm having trouble finding a not too expensive marina to leave our catamaran over winter, we'll be in either Montenegro or Greece south of there there. Albania doesn't look like an option and Ive heard Croatia is a bit pricy. I've emailed Preveza several times with no response, just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the area? Many thanks in advance :-)
LydiaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2016, 16:34   #2

Re: Wintering in Montenegro?

Cleopatra or Aktion at Preveza might be OK. They store on the hard. It's possible to leave boats tied up in some ports with a local for gardiennage. Little or no cost. PM me for details. Go to carayachts web site (not the amphibious caravan one) and contact Michael. He might be able to help with either storage method.
dlymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2016, 16:47   #3

Try prmarina@otenet.gr This is the marina next to Preveza town itself. They only store in the water but are actually owned by Cleopatra and so you might be able to get through to them this way.
There is also a boatyard east of the town that might manage your boat. There is a storage service a km west of Corfu (not Gouvia). I doubt if they can help you. Have a look on Google maps and you/ll see why
dlymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2016, 20:27   #4
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

Messolonghi is the least expensive I've found in the Med by far. Palarran spent 3 winters there hauled out and it was ok. They use a very large crane with 2 x 10 meter spreader bars so it is basically exactly like a travel lift. The town is actually really nice also. Zero tourists.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Price.JPG
Views:	440
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	123092  
Old 24-04-2016, 23:27   #5

Thanks for your suggestion, we actually stayed at Messolonghi the year before last, but we found them a bit slack....boat was so filthy with red sand, spider nests and dead insects when we came back yet they'd charged quite a lot for monthly cleaning. Unfortunately she was under a light so had thousands of dead insects ingrained into the deck which took days to scrub off. Things like that, I guess they'd be ok if we weren't in the particular spot under a light where we were, and if we hadn't bothered expecting them to clean the boat..
Old 24-04-2016, 23:31   #6

Thanks dlymn, I'll give Preveza another go!
Old 25-04-2016, 00:09   #7

Boat: Jeanneau 40 DS SoulMates

A few suggestions --
First you are right Albania is a great country but does not have the infrastructure right now to winter over or store a boat.
Second send a note to EuroMarine in Dubrovnik and see what they would charge for a winter over - you maybe surprised at the price, not I know, but sometimes a deal can be had to generate cash flow in a slow season and with few boats out here it may be a possible to find a deal
Third - Montenegro was expensive but nice and the folks there were first class - but when our 40' boat was the smallest boat in the marina - hum --
Fourth we had friends winter over on Corfu and had a great time - they had to stay as their rudder got damaged and they had to haul for a repair. they liked it so much I think they may spend a second winter there - not sure -

good luck
chuckr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2016, 04:10   #8
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises

Lydia, all very true points about Messy. It took three washes before the red dust stopped coming out of every crevice on the boat. But that didn't take that long so was worth it for us to put in the extra effort to save the $$. Bugs are horrible - I wouldn't want to live aboard there.
Old 25-04-2016, 06:12   #9

Hello! 6 month ago we have bought a boat in Montenegro. And we kept here there during this winter. There are marinas in Bar, Budva, Tivat.

In Bar there is AD Marina Bar and OMC Marina (for winter storage), Dukley marina in Budva and Porto Montenegro in Tivat.

Marinas in Bar are the cheapest. We pay 1800 EUR for 37 feet sailboat (3000 eur per year). It would cost about 4500 EUR in Dukley and about 6000 EUR in Porto Montegegro.

There are also some kind of marinas in Herzeg Novi, but i dont have any info about them.
yevpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2016, 08:59   #10

For first hand info about Albania call Capt. Irene
AGENCY SERVICES - www.sail-albania.com
Tellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2016, 14:56   #11

Boat: Beneteau, Oceanis 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydiaS View Post
... I've emailed Preveza several times with no response, just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the area? Many thanks in advance :-)
Hello,

We have our boat there and we use the email info@clmarina.gr to contact them. We are very happy with marina and we are counting the final 10 days to return there!

Vladis
Vladis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2016, 14:07   #12

Thanks everyone, I'll work through all your suggestions and see what we can come up with! ����
Old 27-04-2016, 04:15   #13

We put our Lagoon 380 on the hard in Bar Montenegro, with a small yacht club Marina there that has a travel lift. We bargained hard and got a lot cheaper price than Croatia.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
AngeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2016, 10:01   #14

Boat: Grand Banks 50

Here are the contact details for Ionion Marine in Preveza:

Alexia or Christos
contact@ionionmarine.com
+30 2682 024305
Ionion Marine yachtyard - Yacht berthing boatyard in Preveza Greece - Yacht services - Yachts

They are very nice, professional and reasonably priced. Preveza airport is nearby but flies to a limited number of destinations, particularly in the winter.
Xlantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 13:38   #15

Boat: Oceanis 423

Hi do you have the marina name and/or phone number?
cherikita is offline   Reply With Quote