Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 00:08   #16
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400
Re: Winter in the Med, Corsica or Sardinia or Spain??

For Sant Carles for my 11.55m x 6.55m cat the cost of a monthly contract during low season would be of 462€ per month on a Med berth (IVA, Water and Electricity included).
Unfortunately they are not able to lift my catamaran as the maximum beam allowed by the travelift is of 6.35m. Price is OK and the marina seems good but Id prefer have her lifted for the few months Im not aboard
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 00:39   #17

Boat: Amel SM 53 - BeBe

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte View Post
For Sant Carles for my 11.55m x 6.55m cat the cost of a monthly contract during low season would be of 462€ per month on a Med berth (IVA, Water and Electricity included).
Unfortunately they are not able to lift my catamaran as the maximum beam allowed by the travelift is of 6.35m. Price is OK and the marina seems good but Id prefer have her lifted for the few months Im not aboard
Based on your rate, we are contacting the marina again. Your cubic meters are almost the same as our 16m X 4.6m monohull. The original quote emailed to us by the marina was significantly higher than what you mention. Now I want clarification; maybe someone made an error in the quote emailed to us.

Judy
svBeBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2012, 02:02   #18

Boat: 36' solaris sunrise catamaran

We have been reading comments posted on YBW about SCM and our main concern is the amount of growth and I quote a posting from January 2012

'they do get a lot of mozzies in the summer months due to close proximity of rice fields, but local authorities have been working hard to keep them down but spraying via small planes. For me the biggest bug bear is the huge growth on our hull. Every time I visit my boat it needs lifting and power washing before we can use it! It's because the marina is in the mouth of the river Ebre and the water is teaming with life, the area has been breeding mussels for many years and they migrate everywhere including your rudder and props. It can take only a few weeks before the boat cannot be used until lifted again!'

Another poster says 'Fouling is a problem! Although we find that the hull its self is not to bad just a bit green at the water line, the prop gets heavily fouled to the point that my folding prop doesn’t open, I’ve struggled out to the lagoon and then gone over the side with the scrapper. Now if I’m leaving the boat for any time I swim down and bag it.'

Has anyone else experienced this problem?
rivonia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Corsica, Spain