Originally Posted by eckipa200
I will be crossing the Atlantic West to East this spring.
After arrival in Europe
, I would like to leave my 34ft Catamaran
in a nice and reasonable Marina. But my biggest problem: I DO NOT know where to go?
Perhaps soem of you have experience and can recommend a suitable destaination/Marina?
Here are my criterias:
- Marina must be in western side of Med, means Protugal (also Atlantic coast), Spain
(also Atlantic coast), France
. NOT any further East
- Marina must accept annual term payments, means I will pay in advance for one year
- Marina must be accessable, means must be within 1 hour of International Airport
- Marina must be cheap
, means not charging
an arm and a leg. My aim is somewhere between 2000 and 4000 Euros per year including VAT
- Marina must be safe, because I will leave the boat sometime unattended
- Marina must be protected from bad Weather
Thanks for your info and help...you are such a great community...
CU in Europe
We have just wintered our boat in Almerimar & found it to be pretty good & plan to stay again next year, after spending this summer in the Mar Menor. It's true to say that actual mooring fees
are probably the best you will find, although it is important to bear in mind the extra charge of 3 euros a day when using their electricity & water
. The recent financial climate in Spain
has certainly opened the door for price
negotiations & certainly worth trying with mooring
your cat. Another aspect that both I & my wife have enjoyed is the social side of the marina. There is a very lively liveaboard
community with daily updates on VHF
67/68 advising of all the goings on.