Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-03-2015, 10:43   #166

Re: Tunisia 8 hostages murdered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong View Post
Re-read TropicalEscape's post. He is in agreement with you.
Re read my post. I was quoting and commenting on GoingBoatings post.
Old 23-03-2015, 10:44   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV THIRD DAY View Post
If you don't understand what a Caliphate is and it's historical and prophetic role in Islam, then your understanding of the middle east is comparable to trying to do long division without first being able to first add and subtract. In this analysis and understanding, it is also irrelevant what we (you and me) think or believe. Meaning, it doesn't matter if we are atheists or religious believers, because what WE think is irrelevant. What matters is what THEY think, believe and are taking action to make happen, while we are sitting here afraid to address the issue in front of our eyes.
Old 23-03-2015, 10:44   #168

Boat: Comet 41s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieterv06 View Post
Hi all,
Though this is not an official warning - yet-, two senior naval officers from US and Uk expressed 2 days ago the idea that cruising in the Med would shortly become a risky game, including for those sailing around Corsican and Italian waters. S….
That is interesting even if a bit strange. Can you give more information or post a link to those statements?
Old 23-03-2015, 10:52   #169
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Tunisia 8 hostages murdered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
The murderous rampage of Islamic terrorists has nothing to do with US so called meddling. It is motivated from their own desire to meddle in the world and create their own world hegemony. And their tool of choice is terrorism which includes the beheading and enslavement of innocent civilians.

Just so you know. I will not do business with an American hater. Seems like there are too many anti American vendors and service providers on here.
Yup... Thats one 'a the Bitches about International Forums...
To Many Danged Furriners....

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 23-03-2015, 10:52   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
You are missing the point. Nothing on that contradicts the percentage of civilian causalities that was posted. In fact it strongly supports a much bigger percentage of civilian causalities. They say :"That toll is far higher than the nearly 115,000 violent civilian deaths reported by the British-based group Iraq Body Count, which bases its tally on media reports, hospital and morgue records, and official and non-governmental accounts." and talk about half a million deaths in consequence of the war.

The number of enemies soldiers and terrorists killed by the coalition, according with US sources are: 23,984.

Casualties of the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Make your own percentage.
You didn't answer my questions.

"What is your motivation in this particular thread in posting links such as those you've provided? The point you're hoping to make?"

And, you missed the whole point!

"Coalition forces were blamed for 35 percent of violent deaths; militias were blamed for 32 percent. The rest were either unknown (21 percent), criminals (11 percent) or Iraqi forces (one percent)."

Old 23-03-2015, 11:15   #171

Boatman61. In a prior post you mentioned you fought in the Franco war in Spain. Was that because of your communist beliefs in fighting the Fascists or were you on the side of the Fascists?
Old 23-03-2015, 11:26   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post

If this forum didn't have its keep it nice rules I would say lot more. Thank you for exposing your Jew hatred that comes along with your Anti-Americanism.
You are funny: Saying that: That regarding the instability on the middle east " A central problem is certainly the Israel/Palestinian conflict" makes me a Jew hater?

And why do you say that I am anti-American? Just for saying that the policies to bring peace and democracy (through war) to the middle east and the ones against the spread of terrorism are not working and need to be changed for more effective ones? It is obvious that they are not working.

It seems that all that disagree with your political view are Anti-American and Jew waters. I guess that according your point of view there should be many millions of Americans anti-American
Old 23-03-2015, 11:28   #173
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Walkabout View Post
Boatman61. In a prior post you mentioned you fought in the Franco war in Spain. Was that because of your communist beliefs in fighting the Fascists or were you on the side of the Fascists?
And here we have a classic grab and snip to suit FOX News question..
Never said I fought in the Spanish Civil War.. else I'd have fought in WW2 and likely the Korean War as well..
I've 'fought' in no wars.. bitta blockading but thats about it.. no glory.. no ribbons..

Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 23-03-2015, 11:54   #174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrong View Post
You didn't answer my questions.

"What is your motivation in this particular thread in posting links such as those you've provided? The point you're hoping to make?"

And, you missed the whole point!

"Coalition forces were blamed for 35 percent of violent deaths; militias were blamed for 32 percent. The rest were either unknown (21 percent), criminals (11 percent) or Iraqi forces (one percent)."

No, I just like facts. You started this argument when you said that a guy that said : "~75% of casualties in the Iraq war were civilians" was wrong and making absurd statements.

I never said that the Coalition forces killed all the civilians (neither did the one that made the original statement) but when there is a war the one that starts it is responsible for the consequences and the consequences were 500000 dead of which 23,984 were enemy soldiers, 3,771 Coalition soldiers and 15,196 from the "Host Nation"15,196 deaths, that I assume Iraq soldiers favorable to the coalition.

So you have 42,951 soldier death for 457,049 civilian causalities. Yes Saddam Hussein was a brutal dictator but his regime was a stable one and the number of all victims due to his atrocities were only a small percentage of all civilian causalities the war was responsible for.
Old 23-03-2015, 12:09   #175
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
That is interesting even if a bit strange. Can you give more information or post a link to those statements?
Google "Real Video Gore"(this stuff is not for the faint of heart ,you have been warned) and click on the the beheadings and listen to the words straight from the sources mouth,never mind the 2 officials that info is second hand..
Old 23-03-2015, 12:13   #176
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
And here we have a classic grab and snip to suit FOX News question..
Never said I fought in the Spanish Civil War.. else I'd have fought in WW2 and likely the Korean War as well..
I've 'fought' in no wars.. bitta blockading but thats about it.. no glory.. no ribbons..
Oh... and it was Loyalist vs Facists... some communist elements were involved but not so large as to warrant labeling the whole as such.. the killer punch was Franco allowing Goering to train the Luftwaffe in a real life scenario.. The Democratic Loyalists had no chance and Hitler had his Blitzkrieg..
Should add.. the graves of those who came from other lands to fight Franco are in the main tended to this day by the locals they fought for..

Old 23-03-2015, 12:15   #177

Quote:
Even if he had fought on it he could have simple being fighting for democracy, as many that fought in that war, like Ernest Hemingway, Malraux or George Orwell. 2800 North Americans fought for Democracy in Spain and against Fascism.

That was what was at stake then. The leftist democratic government was not only formed by communists but by a Popular front that won the 1936 elections forming a Republican government.
Old 23-03-2015, 12:21   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
Google "Real Video Gore"(this stuff is not for the faint of heart ,you have been warned) and click on the the beheadings and listen to the words straight from the sources mouth,never mind the 2 officials that info is second hand..
I don't take terrorists as credible sources regarding what they can do. If we were giving credit to their words and menaces US and Europe would be burning

I was talking about credible sources, the two senior naval officers from US and Uk.
Old 23-03-2015, 12:24   #179
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
He was right there with Hemingway,hell he was the inspiration for Dali's "Soft construction with boiled beans" having been caught running to France with Rico Lorca and later acquitted of the attempted assassination of George Orwell at the Casa del Sol..
Old 23-03-2015, 12:30   #180
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
He was right there with Hemingway,hell he was the inspiration for Dali's "Soft construction with boiled beans" having been caught running to France with Rico Lorca and later acquitted of the attempted assassination of George Orwell at the Casa del Sol..
Hmmmm... guess your still 'harvesting' out back of Sailcraft..

Closed Thread

Tags
Tunisia