Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Europe & Mediterranean
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-04-2015, 02:40   #1

Boat: Vagabond 47
Trying to locate a Vagabond 47 in Tunisia

I wonder if anyone currently in Tunisia recognises this Vagabond 47 or where she is lying? I have been trying to arrange to view her but the (French) broker in La Rochelle is unresponsive to both phone or email contacts. I'd like to let the owner know that their broker is not helping their sale and ask them to get in touch. Apparently she is on the British Small Ships Register, so an SSR number (marked somewhere on the boat) or a name might help in contacting the owner. Unfortunately, she only seems to be offered by the one broker so I don't have the option of simply contacting another.

1981 Bluewater Yachts Vagabond 47 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
jezza1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 06:07   #2

Re: Trying to locate a Vagabond 47 in Tunisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezza1956 View Post
I wonder if anyone currently in Tunisia recognises this Vagabond 47 or where she is lying? I have been trying to arrange to view her but the (French) broker in La Rochelle is unresponsive to both phone or email contacts. I'd like to let the owner know that their broker is not helping their sale and ask them to get in touch. Apparently she is on the British Small Ships Register, so an SSR number (marked somewhere on the boat) or a name might help in contacting the owner. Unfortunately, she only seems to be offered by the one broker so I don't have the option of simply contacting another.

1981 Bluewater Yachts Vagabond 47 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
Am now in Tunisia
I'll see if i can do something for you
AlBens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 06:57   #3

My apologies, the broker has finally surfaced and we are in communication through the joys of Google Translate! I am hoping to get an inspection done by a local, very helpful yacht services company to see if she is worth pursuing further.
Old 22-05-2015, 07:04   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezza1956 View Post
My apologies, the broker has finally surfaced and we are in communication through the joys of Google Translate! I am hoping to get an inspection done by a local, very helpful yacht services company to see if she is worth pursuing further.
Great
AlBens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2015, 16:12   #5

Boat: Jim Young 28

Hi jezza1956,

Just wondering how your negotiations are going.

I am asking because your last post was from May and on the yachtworld website the Vagabond is still listed as "sale pending".

We are also looking for a Vagabond and if for some reasons you decided not to go ahead we might try our luck with that one.

Thanks!
Reflections101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2015, 01:00   #6

I finally had a response from the broker and went to view the boat in Tunisia in June. I also viewed Novena in Almerimar and found that she was in excellent condition as far as I could see, but I prefer the Tunisian boat's saloon layout. If you haven't looked at Novena, you definitely should. The owner is a shipwright and she really is in stunning condition. I'll put you in touch if you like.

My offer has been accepted for Ibn Batuta, we have signed a contract and we are awaiting her being moved to France for survey. One delay was that, after the shootings in June, just a few hundred yards for the marina where she was lying, neither the surveyor nor I have been able to get insured to go there.

I am hoping that, subject to the survey being OK, she will be mine by the end of September. She will need work to deal with the apparent neglect of the last couple of years but other than that looks like an excellent, well-equipped boat.
Old 28-08-2015, 04:34   #7

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Sounds really good. I am happy for you and hope everything works out with the survey.

Thanks for the tip about Novena. Hadn't seen the listing before, but just found it. I'll get in touch with the agent to find out a bit more.

Cheers and fair winds
Old 28-08-2015, 04:54   #8

I'll ask Pat to get in touch direct so as to save on broker's fees. The boat has been advertised privately so it's fair enough.
Old 28-08-2015, 04:59   #9

Cool, thanks!
Old 11-11-2016, 00:55   #10

Bow Thrusters for Vagabond 47

Very new here cannot find any recent posts of anyone of Facebook?

Looking at a Vagabond 47, read lots about the problems of steering in confined spaces wondering if anyone has considered fitting bow thrusters?

Just like to thank everyone who has contributed in the past we have been able to research every problem and even downloaded an owners manual.

Thank you
Thailand Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 01:17   #11

I have just had one fitted but cannot tell you how well it works as the boat is still ashore! I was surprised at how well the delivery skipper manoeuvred her without one, though, but he is obviously more skilled than me. I think the cost came out at about UK£5000 fitted for a big 12V Sidepower.

Tags
Tunisia