Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2015, 01:33   #1

Boat: Adams Carina 44'
swap yacht in Australia

An early warning. I am 90% through a major refurbishment of a 1987 composite Adams Carina. A purpose built charter boat for the Whitsunday Islands.
I have had it 15 years bringing children up and after a broken mooring induced couple of hours against a wharf it is having a major repair and as a consequense a complete birthday Repainted inc decks and spars, new fuel tank and diesel generator. Perkins prima recently overhauled. @ Electric toilets, upholstery, carpet internal varnish, benchtops, taps etc. On a less cosmetic note: instruments, seacocks,all new plumbing and tectonic refrigeration, jib furler, pulpit, bowsprit for screecher and 25kg anchor. New stainless bimini has solar to burn, davits, new self tacking jib, all new rigging.. get the picture.

I am looking to swap this boat for a boat in similar condition, or a bigger boat less pristine for a time that suits in any good cruising destination during the northers summer from 2016 on. A month at a time or the whole season, probably the Med to start.

I will deliver my boat to The Whitsundays where our winter is the cruising season, not that Sydney or the southern New South Wales coast is bad cruising off season. 34 degrees south is a nice place to winter and Sydney harbour is very cruiser friendly. Broken Bay, 15 nm N is magnificent anytime.

Just an early shot across the bows of the cruising community to see is any discussion ensues. Maybe I need not buy a boat in Europe. I would have to see a beauty; built in composite to survey and still a pretty yacht that sails well enough
harrison_jay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, yacht