Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-06-2013, 13:11   #1

Boat: n/a
Sporades, Greece mid-May (our experience)

Just wanted to share our experience with all of you. Last year we sailed Sporades Islands in Greece. We started May 17 and ports and bays were empty. We chartered a 34 foot oceanis monohull from easysailing at easysailing.gr. It was our first bareboat experience and there was one other skipper besides myself, total of 4 of us. I crew during on a 30 foot monohull during local yacht races, so had some basic boating experience, but last year was my only real cruising skippering experience. 3 weeks later, when we finished the trip, things were getting a little more crowded, but we were fine with our monohull and always found a spot. For example there were two boat at Koukounaries the first week, and due to a flotilla, about 13 boats there the last week we sailed. We had good enough winds there for our experience – about 10-20 knots and didn't need to motor too much. We sailed everything between Volos and Skyros. Skyros was great, the port is set up nice and the people were really friendly. Check in in most places was a little bureaucratic taking 45 minutes of calculation for a final cost of 2.17 euros for example. We always had help on docks. It only rained once, in the evening so we didn't care. Easysailing staff were nice and complete. The boat was well stocked with needed equipment. The inside pane of glass broke underway one day which we were never held responsible for. I had tore a hole in the dinghy, and had it repair at a port, and that was fine with them as well. It was a great trip for us and I think the Sporades is a great area to sail.
bornplaydie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2013, 14:37   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer.
Re: Sporades, Greece mid-May (our experience)

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the great report.
noelex 77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Greece