Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2011, 15:18   #1

'Sail Croatia' Legitimate ?

We have made our plans to charter in Croatia and located what seems to be an appropriate yacht with a company named "Sail Croatia - Jedreneje d.o.o.". The have been very helpful in planning and I have been impressed. They require that the deposit (first 50%) be paid via wire/bank transfer of funds. They state credit card fees as the reason. I can certainly understand that the associated fees add up with the cost of a yacht charter but I am hesitant because I won't have the security of a credit card transfer. Nothing else associated with the company has given me any concern at all. Is any one familiar with this company? Do I have reason to be concerned? I don't want to do something foolish but they otherwise have been great through the planning process.

Thanks
simfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2011, 01:04   #2

Location: Winter land based UK New Forest. Summer months away. Making the transition from sail to power this year - scary stuff.
Boat: Super Van Craft 1320 Power Yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to swagman
Hi,
I don't know the firm but surprised they cannot take or at least organise for a card payment. I appreciate it costs them possibly 2% as a fee plus set up charges, but if you explain to them your desire to pay by credit card simply becauseof the security it gives you, they must be able to organise that even if they have to use a third party firm with card facilities.
Good luck
JOHN
Old 28-01-2011, 01:53   #3
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
Seems they should take cards- I do and I require a 50% payment to secure a booking and then 25% 30 days before the trip starts -and I issue no refunds only a one time date change- Im booked full every year months ahead of time
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:31   #4

Jedrenje d.o.o. is legitimate company. You can check in official web pages of Crotian registration authorothy:
https://sudreg.pravosudje.hr/Sudreg/...Registra.faces

In the "Naziv" filed type the name of a company and click on "Traži" (that is Search)

Also you can check it on JEDRENJE d.o.o., Split - Company Profile, Finance, Address, Contact Info, Key People

site that serves info abaout companys ih Croatia.

You can also check that phone numbers are registret to a real firm on Croatian phonebook
imenik.tportal.hr

As you can see I am from Croatia. I have never had contact with that company. I can check them personaly, but can you trust me? :-)
slaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 17:41   #5

Sail Croatia

Thanks to all of you for your help.

We decided to go ahead with the charter. I was very impressed with the company.

We are looking forward to our visit to Croatia in September!
Old 06-02-2011, 17:42   #6

Boat: Lagoon 44
Wire transfer

Sail Croatia have been around for a while.

Check with your bank on account details to see it their is any SWIFT fraud history. This way you can ensure no identity fraud issue.

It should be no problem. They are all over Croatia and sound. Croatia relies on tourism and yachting is a contributor to this.
jamieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:52   #7

Re: 'Sail Croatia' Legitimate ?

Hej, I actually worked for a chartercompany in Split, normally i live in Hamburg! Our neighbouragency was Sailcroatia..don not hesistate..they are all very kind, good boats and service, for the prices I don not know..but all together i can recommend them. From where does your turn start?
maja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 21:02   #8

Re: 'Sail Croatia' Legitimate ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Hej, I actually worked for a chartercompany in Split, normally i live in Hamburg! Our neighbouragency was Sailcroatia..don not hesistate..they are all very kind, good boats and service, for the prices I don not know..but all together i can recommend them. From where does your turn start?
Thanks. We will be sailing out of Split and are very much looking forward to it.
I appreciate your input.

Tags
sail, croatia