Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-04-2007, 06:26   #1
ilbianconiglio

Passage to Capo Verde

hello to everybody,
i'm wondering about to reach capo verde this winter...i guess it should be "starting point" to whom will take off to atlantic in order to reach caribbean (isn't it?) so i'm trying to organize stuff (work & s.o.) to be free for a couple of month and take part as crew 'till there. Last winter i tried as crew or stuff "au pair" just to portugal but it was unsuccesful; does anybody have good suggestions about that islands ?waiting for suggestions and practice ideas
thanks in advance
ilbianconiglio
Old 20-04-2007, 22:37   #2

Hi ibianconiglio ... I used to live and sail on the Canary Islands for quite few years and had the pleasure to meet some interesting sailors from all around the globe. Normally if want to reach the Caribbean you don't visit the Cap Verde Islands you just make a "right" turn before getting there. The best places to eventually get on a boat on the Canary Islands are: Los Cristianos (Teneriffe), Mogan (Gran Canaria) or Puerto Rico (Gran Canaria). The Canary Islands belong to the European Community (Spain) and you will not have to deal with visa and so on. On the other hand, for the Cape Verde Island you need to start your paperwork, visa etc.

Hope this helps
Wirsegeln
Wirsegeln is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Cape Verde